New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Mac OS X not booting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ichi

Ichi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2008 Macbook | 4GB RAM DDR3 | Intel Core 2Duo 2.0GHz

Hello.

I came here to take some doubts, or at least i wil try to take them.

I've recently bought an Alluminium Macbook (the recent model), about two and half months ago. It's the 13 inch, 2.0 GHz.

Ok, anyway, it is my first mac. I've recently installed Windows XP because i needed some software only Windows for my College. But it was bad installed. The boot camp told me that i couldn't restore or delete the new partion (The one that has Windows on it). That i should made a backup copy and format it.

Ahn! The Mac OS X wasn't my primary boot partion, so i had to configure it on the boot camp for windows, because (has i told before) the boot camp on Mac OS X (Leopard, by the way) wasn't working correctly.

Today i went to Disc Utilitary (don't know if you say like this in english) and i erase the partion that have windows, and since the boot camp in MAC OS X isn't working... the boot disc couldn't use the leopard partion as my primary boot. at least that's what i think.

When i press ALT it only appears the Windows partion... but since i erased... i can't go there.

Is there any way i can make to restore the Mac OS X? I've tried using the leopard dvd, but it doesn't work. If there isn't anyway... i'm going to the send my Mac to apple :S

P.S.: Sorry if i didn't explained myself quiet well.... It's not my natural language... and since i don't what exactly happen.... oh well, hope you can help me.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I'm not sure exactly what you've done, so try this:

Boot your MacBook with your Leopard DVD disk 1. You should be able to boot it from the Leopard DVD by holding down the "C" key or Option key after you hear the startup chime.

Once the machine boots, escape out of the installation program. Instead, select Disk Utility from the top menu. Erase the HDD. Format the HDD using HFS + and name the HDD "Macintosh HD" (without the quotes).

Install OS X Leopard and all applications.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Ichi

Ichi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2008 Macbook | 4GB RAM DDR3 | Intel Core 2Duo 2.0GHz

Well, thanks a lot. But unfortunately i have already sent my Mac to the store, see if they can fix it. I use the option key, but it didn't work.

Didn't know about C though.... Thanks a lot anyway, i aprecciate. :S
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPod movie languages? | Right Click Move »