New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Just switched, question about limewire

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mojo17

I have installed limewire, but when I click it to run it bounces on the dock and disappers after a couple seconds. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
Qaxpla

This isn't really going to help your problem, however, in some respects it's more useful! There are other apps out there which, in my opinion, are much better than limewire. In particular, Acquisition - www.acquisitionx.com. I used that one instead of limewire and I am very happy with it as to date!!

It appears though that the software itself is malfunctioning (if you like)...
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i have limewire too, but i like it and i had something similar happen to me. did a question mark appear when you clicked it? if so, then remove the the icon. then navigate to the application icon in the applications folder, and then drag and drop the icon into the bar. that will place a shortcut to the application in the bar. if you drag and dropped the shortcut that was placed on your desktop to the bar, the question mark will appear because something has changed.

QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

That Acquisition program has gorgeous UI. It almost makes me regret not illegally downloading things anymore.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

delete it.. and reinstall it......that would fix it..
QUOTE Thanks
nbn22385

if you're still looking for [free] alternatives, try xfactor or poisoned.
QUOTE Thanks
chinolofus

my mac has been dead for a yr and i switched to pc (gasp) so i dont know if its available for mac but im sure it is....try bittorent its way better than p2p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What kind of PC's do people have at home? | New Mini »