02-09-2005, 09:31 PM #1TachiKaraGuestQuestion
Hello all, Iam new to the forums, but hope to be around for awhile. I don't have a mac yet, but I plan on getting one ASAP.
I have a few questions before I switch.
1. Can you use the educational discount at the apple retail stores?
2. Is there software out there like DVDxCopy, where you can backup DVD onto DVD's?
3. I am thinking about getting the 20" iMac, and would like to do video editing, and creating my own DVD's, what amout of RAM should I go with?
4. On apples site, it shows that the iMacs come with iLife '04, would they still ship '04 even with '05 coming with the new line. Is this a type 0 on apples part?
Thank you ahead of the time for you efforts in anwsering the questions, any other insite will help.
02-09-2005, 09:42 PM #2
- Member Since
- Dec 28, 2003
- Long Island, NY
- 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
2. Yes, the easiest way is to just buy Roxio Toast, or you can get MactheRipper, and then convert it, and burn it
3. If it is light video editing, 512 would be fine. But if it's something you might be serious about, 1 GB or Higher
4. Not sure - Call Apple - 1800MYAPPLE
BTW - Welcome to the Forums!
02-09-2005, 09:43 PM #3jbsengineerGuestOriginally Posted by TachiKara
1. Yep just need your edu ID with you. They'll apply it instore.
2. not sure. as i use my windows box currently
3. if you going to be working on video and photos... go with as much as you can afford, . i would say personally nothing less than a gig.
4. any new computer you buy now with have either ilife '05 installed. or thrown in the box for you, :-)
You wont be dissapointed with the iMac. Just got my g-friend on one. She's spends more time with it than me.
02-09-2005, 09:44 PM #4jbsengineerGuestOriginally Posted by ApplejustWorks
02-09-2005, 09:59 PM #5TachiKaraGuest
wow, thanks for all the usefull information. Now only if I can sell my darn pc, I will get my mac.
P.S. If you know anyone looking for either a desktop, or notebook then direct them to me.
02-09-2005, 10:02 PM #6
- Member Since
- Oct 30, 2004
- San Antonio, Texas
- PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
roxio popcorn can copy dvds, but not protected ones, for those youd need to take a simple 3 step process which I will not be going over here.
02-10-2005, 12:05 AM #7jbsengineerGuestOriginally Posted by TachiKara
02-10-2005, 08:19 AM #8TachiKaraGuesttrying
I am trying to ebay it, but with no luck.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By OtakuboyT in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2009, 04:37 PM
By jcragg in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2009, 08:04 AM
By Sir Edwin CBE in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
By bingwalker in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 07-10-2007, 06:19 AM
By vicariousgeorge in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2007, 12:13 AM