New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Hi all newbie with a question already

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

colinknowles

colinknowles is on a distinguished road

Hi names colin and just bought my first imac, i run a car forum and need to copy pictures into it from other sources/sites, now with my old microsoft system i could right click on the picture , copy the properties of the picture and copy it into my site. This im unable to do with the imac mouse. My question is how do i do what i was able to do before with my new system? thanks
colin
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

Do you mean you want to copy the image location?

If so, right click on image (Or control click if you don't have right clicking enabled) and select Copy Image Address.

OR is your question how to enable right clicking?

Not sure if it is enabled by default on an iMac, assuming it isn't you'd go to Apple menu, click System Preferences and then Keyboard & Mouse and there should be a check box to enable the right click.
Attached Images
File Type: png Snapshot 2009-01-31 20-50-17.png (45.8 KB, 6 views)
QUOTE Thanks
colinknowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNDdave View Post
Do you mean you want to copy the image location?

If so, right click on image (Or control click if you don't have right clicking enabled) and select Copy Image Address.

OR is your question how to enable right clicking?

Not sure if it is enabled by default on an iMac, assuming it isn't you'd go to Apple menu, click System Preferences and then Keyboard & Mouse and there should be a check box to enable the right click.
Hi many thanks for the reply, dont seem to have the check box to enable right click maybe im looking in the wrong place you can tell im new to all this. Any other help gratefully received thanks
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Is this a brand new iMac with 10.5 Leopard? What mouse are you using? The one that came with the iMac? If so you do what RNDave said and in System Preferences click Keyboard and Mouse then the Mouse tab. You should see a pic of the mouse with the buttons. For the Right side set it to Secondary Button.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (72.5 KB, 4 views)
QUOTE Thanks
colinknowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Is this a brand new iMac with 10.5 Leopard? What mouse are you using? The one that came with the iMac? If so you do what RNDave said and in System Preferences click Keyboard and Mouse then the Mouse tab. You should see a pic of the mouse with the buttons. For the Right side set it to Secondary Button.
Thanks for the reply yes its a new one and using the mouse that came with it.I will give it a go thanks
colin
QUOTE Thanks
colinknowles

Right i have set up the mouse as per the above picture. now when i go to copy the picture into a thread on my forum using the copy image address (img-img) all i get is a dead link. Now if i right click on the picture and paste it straight into the thread on the forum i get just the link?? which when clicked on shows the picture?? Im confused now its been a long day.
QUOTE Thanks
pantstofry

pantstofry is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Blue Hardshell Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinknowles View Post
Hi names colin and just bought my first imac, i run a car forum and need to copy pictures into it from other sources/sites, now with my old microsoft system i could right click on the picture , copy the properties of the picture and copy it into my site. This im unable to do with the imac mouse. My question is how do i do what i was able to do before with my new system? thanks
colin
Hey, um sorry I can't really answer your question about the img-img problem, but I love cars and I was just curious about your site... is it a general car forum? what is it called?

Adam Z
QUOTE Thanks
dloreski

dloreski is on a distinguished road

Hi Colin.
I'm considering trying a mac also and have been reading everyone's questions.
I was curious about yours and found this:
How to save pictures
QUOTE Thanks
colinknowles

Sorted now downloaded firefox and all is back to normal ta for the advice
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Another newbie from Birmingham UK | Emptying the trash problem »