New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Czech for my girlfriend?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jordan

Hello all,

I just received my iBook an hour ago and am already hooked up to the WLAN and am getting a feel for the OS. So far so good. However, my girlfriend is from the Czech Republic and would like to see everything listed in Czech if possible. Is this possible? I went to the international option under preferences and selected Czech but is there some way to have the OS language in Czech?

Many thanks,

Jordan
QUOTE Thanks
Tiranis

Well, there surely is, but it is certainly not very comfortable to have it. First of all it costs $30, which alone is not that bad. But since if you have the czech language there you also have to wait for updates in Czech language. Also to install apps which have installer you usually need utillity for that program to be able to install it (eg. now there is beta installer for iWork, iLife '05). So I do not believe it is very pleasant experience... :-/ But it surely is possible... Well, anyway, she can read all about the needed updates here: http://www.apple.cz/software/ so you can decide if it's worth it.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newbie needs help! | Mail »