New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Buy now or wait a few months

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Thread Tools

Member Since: Oct 10, 2007
Location: McKinney, TX (north of Dallas)
Posts: 23
CookbookChef is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8GB, 3 750GB HDs, 250GB HD, two 22" monitors, 1 iMac, 1 13" Macbook Pro, AppleTv, 2 iPhones

CookbookChef is offline
I was a PC user for 25 years, back to the days of the first PCs, and in mid-2007, I finally became tired of Windows and bought a Mac Pro. I'll never go back. Probably cost me my job at MS, but, I guess those are the breaks.

My wife is a VERY novice computer user, mostly for email and web surfing. She does take pictures with her camera and looks at them on the computer, but not much else. She has had an eMachines computer for 5 years that finally gave up the ghost a few weeks ago. I have her using a laptop that I inherited, but I don't really see it as a long term solution for her, for a number of reasons; mainly because I may need to use it again for work, and I will need to reorganize everything to make it look the way she wants.

I figure that as long as I need to rework a computer and teach her a new OS (the laptop has Vista), I might as well get her a Mac as well. This weekend, she finally agreed to at least discuss the Mac idea.

With all of the rumors circulating about updates to the iMac and Mac Mini lines, should I wait for the new hardware and let her limp along on the new laptop, or should I go ahead and bite the bullet and get an iMac now while she still agrees that she might need it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« saving a resized window?? | How do torrents work?? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Starter
Last Post
Buy now or wait? bjratchf Apple Notebooks 6 01-23-2009 12:32 PM
Buy now or wait? SigonWulf Schweb's Lounge 11 11-21-2007 12:53 PM
Buy now or wait for Leopard? Gonestarfishing Switcher Hangout 13 08-19-2007 07:53 AM
Buy MB with Tiger now or wait until Leopard? ART OS X - Operating System 6 02-18-2007 05:58 PM
To buy or wait [iMac Intel] goobimama Switcher Hangout 8 05-09-2006 10:42 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Welcome to

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!

(4 digit year)

Already a member?