New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Looking into getting an iMac. Looking for some help.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jaschelb2

jaschelb2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone, looking to get iMAC

I am looking to get an iMac. I hoping to get hired on by a company building e-web learning pages. Everything we use is on PC. I am really not happy with how I have to reboot every couple of days while I am working. We use SwishMax 2 software to build the pages. It is windows based. I am just not sure if I should purchase a Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

running windows on a mac will not change the fact that it is windows. i am not sure why you have to reboot your windows though i have never had that problem with my windows machines. sounds like you have a problem with that machine.

"i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
QUOTE Thanks
jaschelb2

jaschelb2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone, looking to get iMAC

I have a feeling it is the machine as well. I forgot to mention that I am looking to use the mac as my actual work computer. I want to be able to have seperate computers. I want to be able to have a seperate work and home computer.
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

well you can run windows inside your mac with Vmware Fusion or Parallels but it is not how i would do it if i really had to be on windows all day. you could ge the iMac and install your windows via boot camp which comes with the iMac (Leopard) and would then allow you to choose your OS at startup. this would allow you to have a full windows without emulation and also have the OS X side.

"i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "offline files" possible on a Mac? | Switching Music from old Ipod to New »