ksun
    Macburn vs. Toast
    Obviously since macburn is only about $30 it will have fewer features than Roxio Toast. I just want to be able to burn iso's and do windows type cd-roms and dvd's.

Will macburn be good enough, or is toast the way to go? What are the main differences? What are other alternatives?

Thanks.

Macburn vs. Toast

The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
    Specs:
    24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
    Quote Originally Posted by ksun
    Obviously since macburn is only about $30 it will have fewer features than Roxio Toast. I just want to be able to burn iso's and do windows type cd-roms and dvd's.

Will macburn be good enough, or is toast the way to go? What are the main differences? What are other alternatives?

Thanks.
    iso's and dvd images are like audio CDs in that they are cross platform, it is only data CDs and DVDs that are different. I use Toast and haven't had any problems so far.

Amen-Moses

Macburn vs. Toast
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    I have both MacBurn and Toast. Toast like you said will do more but macBurn is a very good program for basic burning needs like backups, ISO's, ETC and will do everything you said you needed to do at a very low price. I showed it to a friend and they bought it also. Very solid program for it's low price. It will also do DVD DATA discs, just not VIDEO DVD's. I am VERY happy with it for any basic burning need. My Toast came with my top of the line LaCie burner.

ksun
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    I have both MacBurn and Toast. Toast like you said will do more but macBurn is a very good program for basic burning needs like backups, ISO's, ETC and will do everything you said you needed to do at a very low price. I showed it to a friend and they bought it also. Very solid program for it's low price. It will also do DVD DATA discs, just not VIDEO DVD's. I am VERY happy with it for any basic burning need. My Toast came with my top of the line LaCie burner.
    Thanks, that's just the input I was looking for. If I do any video burning, it will only be iDVD stuff, so I think I'm set there. I'm just not into that "DVD backup" stuff.

Thread Information