New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

New Mac, free Apple software upgrade?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hermolicious84

Hermolicious84 is on a distinguished road

So I just got a Macbook Pro for Christmas, and today Apple releases lots of new software...

Any chance Apple will give free upgrades to people to just recently got computers? I've done a Google search for this and can't find any good answers.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermolicious84 View Post
So I just got a Macbook Pro for Christmas, and today Apple releases lots of new software...

Any chance Apple will give free upgrades to people to just recently got computers? I've done a Google search for this and can't find any good answers.
Contact Apple and ask.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermolicious84 View Post

Not likely, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask would it?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
empty_noise

empty_noise is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature

You can ask, but the likely answer will be no.

The only upgrade program running right now is the iLife '09 Hardware Up-to-Date Program.

Apple's website states that if you bought a brand new Mac on or after January 6, 2009, that does not include iLife 09, you can upgrade to iLife 09 for US$9.95 plus tax.

So it looks like your out of luck.

MB | Mid-2007 | 13-inch | 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo | 2GB DDR2 | 120GB HDD | GMA 950 | White
MBP | Late-2008 | 15-inch | 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB DDR3 | 250GB HDD | 9400M + 9600M GT w/ 256MB GDDR3 | Unibody
QUOTE Thanks
Rip Vega

Rip Vega is on a distinguished road

I just got off the phone to Apple and they are sending me a £69 credit to purchase iLife 09 with.

I bought a Macbook Pro in December and a Macbook that arrived yesterday. I can upgrade both with the credit.

That's what I call service.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Vega View Post
I just got off the phone to Apple and they are sending me a 69 credit to purchase iLife 09 with.

I bought a Macbook Pro in December and a Macbook that arrived yesterday. I can upgrade both with the credit.

That's what I call service.
Glad to hear. It's always good to call and ask. Apple is pretty good about things like that.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
mac_momma2

mac_momma2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4

yeah I was wondering the same thing... going to call in a bit and hopefully they can do something for me too. I'm in Canada and I find that $100 to upgrade a program that I already have and have only had for a couple weeks is a bit steep.
QUOTE Thanks
Connaught

Connaught is on a distinguished road

I bought my machine 1 month ago from a third party seller, authorized.

I just called Apple and asked if they would throw me a bone.

No dice!

*cough*torrentialrain*cough*

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrading my RAM! | Which mac »