New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Browser bumping: What you use and why.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastZion
Camino - Love it, but it crashes on me ALL the time... going to try and find another build (using 1.0a1).

Anyone else experiencing crashes/freezes with Camino and Tiger?

I have a 1.5 GHZ, 1.5 GIG RAM G4 Powerbook.

/edit another thing I miss while going from Safari to Camino is pressing "apple 1,2,3" for bookmarks 1,2 or 3... anyway to get this on camino?
Incidentally, have you tried Phoenix's G4-optimized builds? They're listed on the mozillazine forums. I've always loved 'em, though I am a little biased becuase I designed him the appicon.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

I use both Safari and FF, but mostly FF.. I use FF because it's faster, can do anything you want with all the extensions, even watch videos on Launch.. The only reason I use to use Safari is because of the built in spell checker, but now FF has one.. FF hands down gets my vote.
QUOTE Thanks
Aarow

I use opera. Just something I can't not use.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Safari because it's the only browser that has the zoom button do what I think all Mac browsers should have their zoom button do.
QUOTE Thanks
Fallooza

Fallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant futureFallooza has a brilliant future

What is a browser (Question mark)
QUOTE Thanks
jy106

I switched to firefox a couple of weeks ago; it kept jumping back to the last page unexpectedly.
QUOTE Thanks
TangoCharlie

TangoCharlie is on a distinguished road

I have had problems with most browsers on my Mac. IE, Safari, Firefox and Netscape can not cope with certain Javas and Applets.
For example, this site looks a mess viewed through any of those browsers and you have no chance of holding a chat..
www.chat-a-go-go.co.uk

Until I was recommended a slick browser called OPERA. Opera works fine!

Anyone else use Opera?

Tc
QUOTE Thanks
hellfried

hellfried is on a distinguished road

started off with safari as i am a recent switcher to osx but after reading about it on another forum got into camino. it is marginally faster than safari and i have not looked back since. yet to try firefox on a mac but it is my sole browser in winxp.
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoCharlie
I have had problems with most browsers on my Mac. IE, Safari, Firefox and Netscape can not cope with certain Javas and Applets.
For example, this site looks a mess viewed through any of those browsers and you have no chance of holding a chat..
www.chat-a-go-go.co.uk

Anyone else use Opera?

Tc
I've actually heard horrible things about Opera, incidentally; slow load times, beach balls, and things of that sort. I've never actually tried it, though. Interesting to hear good things about it now, so long after it had been dismissed. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

Edit: You're absolutely right. Opera handles Java very well. If I used java stuff much I might keep it in reserves. It still kinda suffers on load times.

QUOTE Thanks
LastZion

LastZion is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyvn
Incidentally, have you tried Phoenix's G4-optimized builds? They're listed on the mozillazine forums. I've always loved 'em, though I am a little biased becuase I designed him the appicon.
Yeah they are great! I am using them right now! Great work, thank you!

Can you help me with my other question?

Is it possible to activate a keyboard shortcut for my bookmarks in Camino?
That is the only thing I miss from Safari. Is being able to press apple 1 to get to my first bookmark, apple 2 for the second and so on.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Unfortunately, as that feature seems to be a minority thing, I don't think Camino as yet has a way of implementing it. I'd imagine there is a third party program on MacUpdate or Versiontracker that will allow you to customize keyboard shortcuts within programs (much like Griffin's PowerMate), but I'm not entirely certain. What I would recommend doing is going into Bugzilla, and reporting that as a "feature" bug. If other people feel the same way you do, it may get prioritized.

QUOTE Thanks
IcerC

I tried safari..but it feels too apple for me..(iono im a windows user as well)
i loved Opera more than anything until one day it went crazy and i went crazy.

It's FF all the way know(but sadly it does crash somtimes.
QUOTE Thanks
Aarow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoCharlie
www.chat-a-go-go.co.uk

Anyone else use Opera?

Tc
YESSSS!
QUOTE Thanks
TangoCharlie

TangoCharlie is on a distinguished road

I now use Opera to sail and surf above all those java sites and Camino as my default as its just sooo **** fast!

Tc
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« May be a totally stupid question.... | Thinking about switching - powerbook questions »