View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Specs:
    Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
    Quote Originally Posted by LastZion
    Camino - Love it, but it crashes on me ALL the time... going to try and find another build (using 1.0a1).

Anyone else experiencing crashes/freezes with Camino and Tiger?

I have a 1.5 GHZ, 1.5 GIG RAM G4 Powerbook.

/edit another thing I miss while going from Safari to Camino is pressing "apple 1,2,3" for bookmarks 1,2 or 3... anyway to get this on camino?
    Incidentally, have you tried Phoenix's G4-optimized builds? They're listed on the mozillazine forums. I've always loved 'em, though I am a little biased becuase I designed him the appicon.
    'cause when it rains, you know it pours.

I use both Safari and FF, but mostly FF.. I use FF because it's faster, can do anything you want with all the extensions, even watch videos on Launch.. The only reason I use to use Safari is because of the built in spell checker, but now FF has one.. FF hands down gets my vote.

Aarow
    I use opera. Just something I can't not use.

Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    Safari because it's the only browser that has the zoom button do what I think all Mac browsers should have their zoom button do.

What is a browser (Question mark)

jy106
    I switched to firefox a couple of weeks ago; it kept jumping back to the last page unexpectedly.

I have had problems with most browsers on my Mac. IE, Safari, Firefox and Netscape can not cope with certain Javas and Applets.
    For example, this site looks a mess viewed through any of those browsers and you have no chance of holding a chat..
    www.chat-a-go-go.co.uk

Until I was recommended a slick browser called OPERA. Opera works fine!

Anyone else use Opera?

Tc

started off with safari as i am a recent switcher to osx but after reading about it on another forum got into camino. it is marginally faster than safari and i have not looked back since. yet to try firefox on a mac but it is my sole browser in winxp.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoCharlie
    I have had problems with most browsers on my Mac. IE, Safari, Firefox and Netscape can not cope with certain Javas and Applets.
    For example, this site looks a mess viewed through any of those browsers and you have no chance of holding a chat..
    www.chat-a-go-go.co.uk

Anyone else use Opera?

Tc
    I've actually heard horrible things about Opera, incidentally; slow load times, beach balls, and things of that sort. I've never actually tried it, though. Interesting to hear good things about it now, so long after it had been dismissed. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

Edit: You're absolutely right. Opera handles Java very well. If I used java stuff much I might keep it in reserves. It still kinda suffers on load times.

Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyvn
    Incidentally, have you tried Phoenix's G4-optimized builds? They're listed on the mozillazine forums. I've always loved 'em, though I am a little biased becuase I designed him the appicon.
    Yeah they are great! I am using them right now! Great work, thank you!

Can you help me with my other question?

Is it possible to activate a keyboard shortcut for my bookmarks in Camino?
    That is the only thing I miss from Safari. Is being able to press apple 1 to get to my first bookmark, apple 2 for the second and so on.

Thanks

Specs:
    Unfortunately, as that feature seems to be a minority thing, I don't think Camino as yet has a way of implementing it. I'd imagine there is a third party program on MacUpdate or Versiontracker that will allow you to customize keyboard shortcuts within programs (much like Griffin's PowerMate), but I'm not entirely certain. What I would recommend doing is going into Bugzilla, and reporting that as a "feature" bug. If other people feel the same way you do, it may get prioritized.

IcerC
    I tried safari..but it feels too apple for me..(iono im a windows user as well)
    i loved Opera more than anything until one day it went crazy and i went crazy.

It's FF all the way know(but sadly it does crash somtimes.

Aarow
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoCharlie
    www.chat-a-go-go.co.uk

Anyone else use Opera?

Tc
    YESSSS!

I now use Opera to sail and surf above all those java sites and Camino as my default as its just sooo **** fast!

Tc

Thread Information