Built-in iSight not working as a webcam in XP ... ?
    I'm running Windows XP Home Premium (32-bit, SP3) on my Intel iMac. What I need help with is getting the built-in iSight to run with a H.323-compatible videoconferencing program, such as Netmeeting. The iSight does work within Windows Explorer as an USB video imaging device; however, it doesn't activate when I use Netmeeting or Sorenson EnVision SL (a program used by deaf people to videoconference with other deaf people, such as myself). My question is, can I get the iSight to work as a webcam within XP, and if so, how? Thanks in advance; would really appreciate an answer ...

*bump* Can someone please help me out here ... ? Still haven't gotten any replies. Thanks.

Bristol, UK
    MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
    After Googling this for about 20 mins or so, the only thing I could come up with was Xmeeting for Mac. It can connect directly with Netmeeting on Windows and it's free. Hope this helps...?
    Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...

Thanks for your help, but this is not what I need. What I need is to know if I can use the built-in iSight camera on my Mac within a Windows environment, and have it work with Netmeeting much in the same way that, say, an external webcam would (e.g. a Logitech or Creative Labs webcam). I've tried looking all over for an answer, but nothing so far. Someone please help ... Thanks!

Same problem - I can't figure out how to turn on my Mac built-in webcam on Windows XP. Please help!!! I'm running VM Ware Fusion.

21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    Try Boot Camp Assistant while you're in Windows. It should be a green, rectangular icon in the system tray, I think. It helps you set up and configure your Apple hardware for Windows use, including the camera and trackpad/mouse.

It should work fine if you installed the drivers correctly.

Thread Information