Thread: Another convert

Eddy4763
    Another convert
    Hey everyone, I just recently got my first mac, it is a PowerBook G4, and I have to say it is a great piece of equipment, I am very happy with it. Being new to the mac world I have a couple of questions. First one is how does the whole Dual 2.5 G5 work and differ from a regular pentium 2.5 processor? Also, though speculative, I heard that you can upgrade processors on mac laptops as new ones come out, is this true? Finally, can optical drives be upgraded as well?

As long-time PC user I lack much knowledge in the Mac world, so please forgive any ignorant Q's. Thanks

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    IFAIK the CPU upgrade is probably not likely and a CD drive a bit tricky, though I'm not sure Welcome to Mac! I for one am a totally psyched convert! :alien:

sebeck
    Quote Originally Posted by witeshark
    IFAIK the CPU upgrade is probably not likely and a CD drive a bit tricky, though I'm not sure Welcome to Mac! I for one am a totally psyched convert! :alien:

I'm new too but I didn't want to make a new thread so i'll just piggy back on Eddy's thread. I have owned my iBook G4 1.2 for about 2 weeks now and I love it. Maybe it's just me but it even feels like the mac forums people are even nicer/more helpful than the pc forums. So far i have only had one complaint about the iBook and that was that it's a bit slow. I have done some searching though and everyone points to the lack of memory. I ordered a stick of 512mb ram last friday. I'm expecting it to be here tomorrow.

I got the 12 inch for portability because it will be going around the world with me. The iPod has allready been all over the world and it's worked flawlessly. I was so impressed with the iPod that i decided to go ahead and really give Mac a try. So far i'm very happy.

Thread Information