New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple Magazines?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mahone

Mahone is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb

Any recommendations for a good Apple-centric publication? I'm familiar with the flood of PC media, but I've never noticed any Apple ones. Now that my iBook is on the way, I thought I'd see if there were any good magazines.

I'll probably head down to Powell's bookstore (reason enough to visit Portland, OR, btw!!!) tomorrow to see for myself, but if you have a title you truly enjoy, lemme know.
QUOTE Thanks
proudlywelsh83

How about Mac Format, or ICreate
QUOTE Thanks
pscl227

pscl227 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram

Macworld
QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

This is something that interests me as well, and those two examples listed so far are exactly what I'm looking for... but unfortunatly they are UK publications which means they will cost a fortune to get here in the states. Does anyone have any suggestions of US publications like the Mac Format one above?

-Chris

nevermind, the macworld one was posted while I was writing this. :blind:
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I think you get a free year subscription to MacWorld when you register your iBook. I also like MacAddict.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

The only one I get is MacAddict, which I just received my copy today.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

I keep meaning to subscribe to MacAddict but keep putting it off.
QUOTE Thanks
peanuthorst

does anyone know of publications in australia?
QUOTE Thanks
edzz

edzz is on a distinguished road

How to do everything with your iMac byTodd Stauffer.It's a book, but well written and explains everything you need to know to get started.
QUOTE Thanks
flonejek

Umm Macworld has an Australian edition, though looking at it I wasn't inclined to buy it, I guess its not aimed at users like me, so now I just rely on the web and game reviews from at0mic MPC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Now I have to wait another week for my iBook! | cancelling safari history »