New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Euro Plug end

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jordan

Hello,

Just had my iBook shipped from Canada to my address in Gemany. We aobviously have diffent plug ends and elec. current here in Europe. To use my iBook here, do I only need to change the plugs physical end to fit the Euro-socket? Of, do I need to convert the current to N. American standards?

Also, I just switched to Apple from the PC world and have been reading some articles about the iBook that have me alittle dismayed. They were trashing the ATI 9200 card and the slow FSB speed of the iBook. Should I be upset by the performance of my iBook versus what I could have had from the PC world?

Many thanks,

Jordan
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Check the writings on the power adapter. If it says something like 110V-220V you only need a European plug.
Otherwise, you need to buy either a 220V to 110V converter or an European iBook poweradapter.
And about the performance, as long as you're not looking for the highest SPS-rate at the highest resolution in any actual game, you won't be disapointed.
Especially once you've got used to OS Xs easiness and stability...
Jut one tip: If you ordered it with the standard 256MB, add a 512MB module. Os X performance depends a lot on memory, and 512MB is the least you need to work comfortably. As your iBook has the 256MB soldered on the mainboard, adding a 512MB module would give you 768MB, which is very comfortable...
QUOTE Thanks
Jordan

Glad to hear that. In fact, I was told this by a few others and ordered and extra 512 RAM chip.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to the gang | Getting a Laptop soon and need help/information... »