New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Say hello to the latest switcher

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pscl227

pscl227 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram

well here i am! this is my first post here and i hope it to be the first of many! well my story is..................i have been a PC freak for years now, i even have my own business building and repairing computers......however i had to borrow my friends power book laptop for a few weeks after my windoze one died on me.......and well i was extremly impressed at the speed, ease of use and just the "coolness" of the laptop, so i then bought my self a mini ipod which again i was impressed with........so i have now purchased a mac mini with apple keybaord and mouse and it should be arriving on the 28th........i believe i would be classed as one of apples prime target market for this new system?........anyway if it all goes well i may look into selling and reparing apple computers in my shop, fingers crossed!

:mac:
QUOTE Thanks
captainstabbin

captainstabbin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano

Welcome to the board!! Apple makes great machines and a rock solid operating system
QUOTE Thanks
titan0111

Hello
QUOTE Thanks
edgefusion

edgefusion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram

Congrats on the switch pscl227! and welcome to the forum.

QUOTE Thanks
proudlywelsh83

welcome to the forum
QUOTE Thanks
cadsmn

Welcome! Making the switch feels so good.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Congrats on your new system purchase

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
pscl227

thanks guys for the warm welcome............now does anyone know if any pictures of the innards of the mini mac are avalible?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscl227
thanks guys for the warm welcome............now does anyone know if any pictures of the innards of the mini mac are avalible?
Yes there are. I saw them yesterday, but I forgot where I was. You can try to google it.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

....If you go to kevinrose.com. he has a link to a video that shows how to take appart the mini. it took 43 seconds to open it up and have it ready to put new ram in.
QUOTE Thanks
fishbulb

I wish that I switched, but I started as a mac guy and had to be converted to a windows person to work. I love going home to my mac though. Sweet, sweet mac.
QUOTE Thanks
New2Macs

New2Macs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscl227
well here i am! this is my first post here and i hope it to be the first of many! well my story is..................i have been a PC freak for years now, i even have my own business building and repairing computers......however i had to borrow my friends power book laptop for a few weeks after my windoze one died on me.......and well i was extremly impressed at the speed, ease of use and just the "coolness" of the laptop, so i then bought my self a mini ipod which again i was impressed with........so i have now purchased a mac mini with apple keybaord and mouse and it should be arriving on the 28th........i believe i would be classed as one of apples prime target market for this new system?........anyway if it all goes well i may look into selling and reparing apple computers in my shop, fingers crossed!

:mac:
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome aboard. I am a switcher myself. For some business advice stick with repairing PC's you'll make more money than repairing Macs. LOL!
QUOTE Thanks
Avid6eek

Avid6eek is an unknown at this point

Welcome to the club! I am still a PC guy, but my new Mac just shipped yesterday. It should be here around the middle of next week!

Desktop Specs: Core 2 Quad Q6600@ 4.0Ghz | Asus P5E X38 Motherboard | 4GB PC8000 DDRII | EVGA GeForce 8800GTX | CL x-Fi Fatal1ty | 4 x Hitachi 73GB 15,000rpm SAS HDs (RAID 0) | Adaptec 3805 SAS Controller | Dual Sony 16X DVD-RWs | Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD | Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers
QUOTE Thanks
pscl227

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Macs
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome aboard. I am a switcher myself. For some business advice stick with repairing PC's you'll make more money than repairing Macs. LOL!
LOL, i would never dream of givin up pc's not becasue i like them just becasue of the money they make, i was thinking of doing apple stuff on the side and perhaps lookign into batterey replacing for ipod owners who dont want to send them back to the factory
QUOTE Thanks
Acill

Acill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powermac G5/Powerbook G4/Pegasos 2

Welcome to brighter side of the world! I was in the same boat as you. I only used PC because after Amiga it was all I knew. I got a Mac jusdt after OSX came out and still love using them. I now have a Powermac G5 dual 2.5 machine and an iBook G4 1.33. They are great machines. I still build PC computers, I make more money then I ever could selling sad to say. I would love to do both someday if I ever could.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any suggestions on a good usenet news reader for Mac? | New iBook Owner! Need help with OS X... »