Specs:
    MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3
    Ccleaner alternative?
    I just bought a macbook and I'm trying to get all the programs I had on PC. Ccleaner was something I liked for PC, just wondering if there is a free program similar?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Try Onyx or Mainmenu.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram
    System Optimizer X 4.7.4. I haven't tried it myself, but it's 12 bucks so you may want a free alternative...

Edit: nevermind system Optimizer sucks, i actually read the comments, and well, they werent good... avoid this one!!! I'll try MainMenu, thanks for the link cwa!
    Dr. Insano, PhD
    Click, if you dare...

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by mac attak View Post
    I just bought a macbook and I'm trying to get all the programs I had on PC....(Windows)
    I'm going to stop you right there.
    If you really want to make the transition to the Mac OS easier, then I would suggest halting any searches like this. When you leave your Windows-mentality behind, you'll find it is easier to learn OS X.

Just use the computer as it is first. Don't worry about finding "Mac versions" of the software you used to have. In truth, many of the software staples that you needed when using Windows are completely unnecessary and irrelevant with your Mac.

If you find that there is something that you absolutely need in order for your computer to function a certain way, then look for an application that might serve that need. Otherwise, don't think so much about it and just enjoy your new Macintosh.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
    I'm going to stop you right there.
    If you really want to make the transition to the Mac OS easier, then I would suggest halting any searches like this. When you leave your Windows-mentality behind, you'll find it is easier to learn OS X.

+1 for those sentiments.
    I know it's hard but you really have to.

By the way I still have an old PC that I use occasionaly just to get my "Cleaning,virus protection, defragging, re-installing OS, registry cleaning fix !!" - a lifetime habit is very difficult to break........

Specs:
    MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3
    thanks!!!!
    thanks to all who replied. I shall heed your advice and not worry about trying to make my mac what my old PC was.

Thread Information