Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Switcher Hangout (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/)
-   -   Is it just me? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/129200-just-me.html)

NYTechGuy 11-05-2008 10:03 AM

Is it just me?

Wow - I've made the switch for all of almost 2 weeks now and I still eagerly find something new each day to learn about my Mac. What was I ever doing with a PC! Does the novelty ever wear off, or will I be continuing to feed my technology shopping problem? :) I have issues - I love to buy electronic gadgets (especially Apple!) Just bought an awesome iMac cover from RadTech - protects the screen very well and is a microfiber that is safe for the screen and does not cover air vents in back.

Bluegrass 11-05-2008 10:50 AM

I made the switch last year and it is still a joy to open my Macbook Pro. What has actually happened is that my productivity has increased, as all the time spent is now doing stuff with the laptop rather than fixing stuff on the laptop!

tkim 11-05-2008 12:38 PM

I've had my macbook for a few months now and I too still enjoy opening up my macbook. It's refreshing how low maintenance this thing is. I don't need to worry about viruses or spyware or the dreaded blue screen of death.

Not to mention the form faction is easy on the eyes. Yup, I still love my macbook! :)

Leukeh 11-05-2008 06:59 PM

The novelty does wear off... but it takes a few years!

dauber 11-06-2008 02:17 PM

Got my MacBook on December 28, I think, and it's still a thrill!

NYTechGuy 11-06-2008 02:29 PM

Yeah, the sad part is now I want a new aluminum Macbook Pro to go with my shiny new iMac! :) (told you I have technology issues! - LOL )

Audio.Trench 11-07-2008 12:01 AM

It'll wear off at an exponential rate as you become more familiar with OS X.

xj6jaguar1985 11-07-2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYTechGuy (Post 751718)
Does the novelty ever wear off, or will I be continuing to feed my technology shopping problem? :) I have issues - I love to buy electronic gadgets (especially Apple!)

Join the club.
In the past year I've had over 30 different Macs, and I'm on eBay right now looing at a 1.67GHz Powerbook. There's something about the thrill of getting a "New" Mac every time, even though I fix these guys up and re-sell them.

Regardless, I can't just keep a personal laptop just for myself for a prolonged period of time...I have a problem with that...I am always constantly buying and selling one for another one...It's like I have to experience every mac for myself. Hopefully it'll wear off for you, if not...Let's hope it doesn't get as extreme as my case.

AirAddict 11-07-2008 01:56 PM

I love tech toys, just bought a diamond touch phone and till have my Serene, that 2K in just phones..have to love toys :)

NYTechGuy 11-12-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirAddict (Post 753200)
I love tech toys, just bought a diamond touch phone and till have my Serene, that 2K in just phones..have to love toys :)

Hi Air - yeah I saw your B&O ad - nice! :)

Tarek 11-14-2008 05:22 AM

I switched two months ago, I wasn't much of a Windows expert you know. I only used a computer for certain reasons, and for nothing else. Most importantly online games (which can be played on almost any OS). So yeah, it wasn't much of a difference to me, but learning how to use Macintosh and learning tricks is pretty much the best and most interesting.

SteveMacBookPro 11-15-2008 08:13 AM

Had my macbook pro for a year and still love it just installed leopard so have lots of fun new things to play with
as they say it just works
install was so easy compared to the dreaded xp i did the other day was considering putting it on the mac but really have no need with that junk
only problem is i really want a new one now :(

BlueMac 11-15-2008 09:07 AM

Slowly, the novelty is wearing down. I do not get as excited when I fire up my Mac, and, though I still appreciate owning such a great computer, I think the novelty isn't as great anymore. It probably will be when the new OS comes out.