New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Running Windows Quicken on Fusion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

unrathm

unrathm is on a distinguished road

I'm switching from WinXP to a new MBP. I loaded Windows Quicken 2007 on VMWare Fusion on the Macbook. I transferred the the .qdf file over from my Windows machine, but Quicken on Fusion cannot open the file. Has anyone had this problem?

I did not register the Fusion install of Quicken; don't know if that matters. Quicken does start up properly, but reports "Error Opening File" message when I attempt to open the .qdf file. I'm wondering if it's a OSX/WinXP translation issue.

Do I have to transfer the data in .qif format? Does Windows Quicken data transfer between WinXP and Mac go smoothly for everyone else?

Mark
QUOTE Thanks
tob

tob is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2x MacMINIs, 1 MBPro - 17-inch

Hi,

I just spent a full day in the throes of QDF QIF 2007 MAC and PC ...

The shortest answer is to "export" your Quicken Data from the PC to a file type that your MAC version will IMPORT. (Which *mat be* QIF.)

tob
QUOTE Thanks
tob

tob is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2x MacMINIs, 1 MBPro - 17-inch

And by the by.... I run Fusion as well and it runs EVERYTHING just as well (ha!) as it ever did on my PCs... so its *not* the OS.
QUOTE Thanks
unrathm

If it's true that you have to export... and it looks to me like you do... it seems funny that no one ever mentions this. Kind of an important step in the switch process!
QUOTE Thanks
Larkie

Larkie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mbp 2.4GHz, 2GB ram 15.4

You did not mention whether you installed WinXP in Fusion. I installed XP in boot camp along with Quicken 2007, but am running them via Fusion. I copied my Quicken files to the boot camp drive and opened them OK. You may have to select to "restore" a file - instead of just opening it. I also got a Vista PC at the same time as this Mac. I first tried to install QX07 in Vista and had lots of problems, corrupted files etc. So I can't remember for sure whether I used "restore" on the Mac or not.
QUOTE Thanks
unrathm

Yes, XP is running in Fusion. I did attempt a "restore" at one point with no luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hello! New Mac Owner Here! | Need help finding the right mac! »