New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Quicktime problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

initial_jc

initial_jc is on a distinguished road

so every time i try to listen to a song on zshare or any streaming site it will open up Quicktime and stream it from there. i dont want that to happen i want to listen straight from the webpage and not quicktime. is there any setting that i can manipulate to prevent this from happening
QUOTE Thanks
shfle

shfle will become famous soon enough

Is this happening when Flip4Mac is playing online WMV etc. (Sorry, never heard of zshare)? If so change the following setting:-

Open 'System Preferences'/ Click 'Flip4Mac'/ Select the 'Browser' tab/ uncheck the box 'Launch Quicktime Player'.

The next time you open your browser it should now just play on the web page.
QUOTE Thanks
initial_jc

initial_jc is on a distinguished road

yea thank you it worked
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Multiple Time Machine backup locations | iSCSI initiator in latest OS and Time Machine »