New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Drawing tablets!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jleb310ce

jleb310ce is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,(and girls)

I'm currently in an Industrial Design program at my college, and was thinking of getting myself a drawing tablet.

are they really worth it??
I heard the company WACOM was pretty much the leader in the field.

Any other suggestions or comments??
Please let me know!
Cheers.

Jay
QUOTE Thanks
Letter10

Letter10 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad

great name by the way!

anyway, i am a graphic designer and it changed my life when i got my first tablet! i am serious, it opens up a new world to the user when it comes to drawing. Wacom is the leader and they make great products. i started with a graphire and have since graduated to an intous. get as large as you can afford, you will not be disappointed.

Jay
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Depends on what size you are comfortable drawing at. I tend to draw really small so I use a small Wacom intuos2 tablet.

They come in different sizes and what not but of course that always comes with a price tag as well.
QUOTE Thanks
Nevermore

Nevermore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory

I started with a Graphire and it was a great paperweight. Never used the thing. Bought an Intuos and cannot live without it. My advice is to buy as good as you can afford. It really makes a huge difference.
QUOTE Thanks
jleb310ce

jleb310ce is on a distinguished road

Awesome !
Thanks guys, Hopefully "Santa " will be good to me this year ..lol...hahaha
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac is going slow.. will freeze for couple seconds. | Switcher Questions »