New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

MacBook Pro - I Just Ordered it...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bad.heron

bad.heron is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT

The new 15.4" Macbook Pro.. and here are the specs..

2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRM-2x2GB
128GB Solid State Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB
SuperDrive 8X DL
Mini DisplayPort - DVI Adapter
Apple Remote
KYBD/User's Guide -B
Country Kit-GBR

15.4" Apple Unibody Macbook Pro Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4), 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRAM (2x2GB), 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD), NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB, SuperDrive 8X - Apple Remote Infrared (IR) - Logitech MX Performance 2.4 GHz Wireless - Apple Keyboard Bluetooth - iPhone 4 32GB, Black
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I got mine yesterday.... LOVE IT! Compared to my 6 year-old PowerBook, the build quality alone is much higher.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Nice! My Macbook won't arrive until November 7th....
QUOTE Thanks
AirAddict

AirAddict is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.0 uni

Congrats, just wait to you get it, its amazing
QUOTE Thanks
bad.heron

Mac Specs: 15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT

I wasn't planning on going for the SSD drive but when it came to ordering I decided to go all out. Plus I got paid this month so I had the money in my bank

15.4" Apple Unibody Macbook Pro Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4), 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRAM (2x2GB), 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD), NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB, SuperDrive 8X - Apple Remote Infrared (IR) - Logitech MX Performance 2.4 GHz Wireless - Apple Keyboard Bluetooth - iPhone 4 32GB, Black
QUOTE Thanks
bad.heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Nice! My Macbook won't arrive until November 7th....
Mine doesn't arrive until the 12th!

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.heron View Post
I wasn't planning on going for the SSD drive but when it came to ordering I decided to go all out. Plus I got paid this month so I had the money in my bank
I would have waited on the SSD. >_<" Samsung is mass producing their 256 GB SSD at the end of this year.
QUOTE Thanks
AirAddict

I had the SSD drive on my Air, it was nice but not a hugh change in anything
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirAddict View Post
I had the SSD drive on my Air, it was nice but not a hugh change in anything
Longer battery life and no moving parts is not a huge change?
QUOTE Thanks
AirAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Longer battery life and no moving parts is not a huge change?
Actually Battery life was not improved at all read the reviews

The SSD Power Consumption Hoax : Flash SSDs Don’t Improve Your Notebook Battery Runtime – they Reduce It - Tom's Hardware
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
This says otherwise.

From Tom's Hardware.
QUOTE Thanks
AirAddict

I had both a ssd and a HHD airs, There was no difference in battery length at all, I tested the units when they first can out.
Its is not longer.

Swindled: Solid State Drives Don't Extend Battery Life, They Shorten It - Gizmodo Australia
QUOTE Thanks
bad.heron

Quote:
I had both a ssd and a HHD airs, There was no difference in battery length at all, I tested the units when they first can out.
Its is not longer.

Swindled: Solid State Drives Don't Extend Battery Life, They Shorten It - Gizmodo Australia
It's this line that says it all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms Hardware
"First of all, we want to take this opportunity and apologize to our readers, for we made a procedural mistake when we compared battery runtime of various Flash SSDs"
Anyway, my choice to go with SSD was due to performance results more then anything.

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Its is not longer.

I'm not going to argue over this anymore, but that article was still based on the the first test that Tom's Hardware did.

The link that I posted was their revised test. Did you even read the link that I posted?

The OCZ SSD based on Samsungs SSD is more energy efficacy than the HDD that are out now. Plus it blows away HDD in seeking, reading and whatever else.
QUOTE Thanks
bad.heron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
I'm not going to argue over this anymore, but that article was still based on the the first test that Tom's Hardware did.

The link that I posted was their revised test. Did you even read the link that I posted?

The OCZ SSD based on Samsungs SSD is more energy efficacy than the HDD that are out now. Plus it blows away HDD in seeking, reading and whatever else.
Brilliant post and thanks for the link.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Silly question - speakers and Mac Mini | How do I switch my email pic? »