New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Download Mac Program to PC, then cut CD to install prog on Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

w6cef1942

w6cef1942 is on a distinguished road

I have been using PC's and personal computers for 30 years but most of the experience in on PC's. I am helping my sister-in-law on setting up a new Imac and need install MacLink Plus. Can I download it to my PC, then cut a CD on my PC then install the program on the MAC?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Sure.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
MacFanBoy

MacFanBoy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo

May I please ask why you need MacLink Plus?
Maybe there is some other way of converting the files.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I was wondering the same thing. The last time I used MacLink plus, I was running Mac OS 7.5.5.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
w6cef1942

w6cef1942 is on a distinguished road

The reason for the Mac-Link-Plus is to convert a Claris Works spreadsheet to a Iworks spreadsheet. The use has a 20 year old MAC Power PC with Claris Works and it is ready to fail. Impossible to get the old Mac fixed or talking to her Apple Laser Writer. Local store recommended Mac-Link-plus. the data on Mac-Link-Plus says it will do the job. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
MacFanBoy

MacFanBoy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo

Found this link:
WD: How to Convert Between ClarisWorks for the Macintosh & Word
You could convert them to Word Format first and then open them in iwork or openoffice 3
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2 X Questions From A Switcher | /private/etc/hosts, how do I get there? »