Thread: Print screening on a mac?
10-22-2008, 02:03 PM #1
Print screening on a mac?
- Member Since
- Sep 22, 2007
- Huntingdon,Cambridgeshire (UK)
- White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
how do i do it?
10-22-2008, 02:13 PM #2
I found this here: Screen Capture, Screen Shots, and Screen Grabbers
If you have Mac OSX, it's easy to use the built-in key commands for grabbing a screen.
* Press Command (Apple)-Shift-4. The pointer turns into a bull's eye.
* Select the area of the screen you wish to capture. The screen is captured and saved as a PDF file called Picture 1 on your hard drive.
* If you hold down the Control key in addition to the Command (Apple)-Shirt-4 while clicking the bull's eye, the image is stored on the clipboard.
If you have Mac OSX, you can also use the Grab Utility. This allows you to capture windows that are open.
* Open Grab (located in Applications/Utility).
* Choose Capture > Timed Screen.
* When the Timed Screen Grab dialog opens, click Start Timer.
* Click the menu you want to capture and keep the mouse button pressed until the Timer Screen Grab dialog closes and the picture appears.
10-22-2008, 02:30 PM #3
cmd-shift 3 grabs the whole screen.
cmd-shift-4 has been mentioned above.. except..
cmd-shift-4 THEN space bar will automatically select by windowmike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
10-22-2008, 02:45 PM #4__________________________________________________
Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy
mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By cooluk96 in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 5Last Post: 03-10-2011, 01:33 PM
By PastorP in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital PhotographyReplies: 0Last Post: 04-23-2009, 09:48 AM
By mark.spiro in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 6Last Post: 11-10-2007, 06:20 AM
By Jonnex in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 9Last Post: 02-07-2006, 08:03 PM