MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
    MobileMe hosting
    Hey guys!

Alrighty... So.. I just purchased mobileme.

Right now. I want to start my website.. but well.. It says I need to contact my registrar or somesort.

I google-ed around and found that I needed to pay for these services.. I thought that apple actually provided this web hosting service when you purchase mobile me?

Help please!

MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    The only reason you would need to contact a registrar is if you want to use your own Domain name (e.g. "www.lytheil.com").

Apple offers website hosting with MobileMe, but that doesn't include a domain name. Your website can only be access via its mobileme url (which I think is something like "http://homepage.mobileme.com/memberName").

MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
    So.. Is there a way to get a free registrar? OR some sort? I just want to get this website up.

Will blogger work? One more question. Will MobileMe be hosting my website or will that registrar host it?

MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    Okay, two different things:

- Registrar: The company that you "rent" your domain name from
    - Host: The company on whose harddrives you put your website so the world can reach it

Just stick your stuff on your MobileMe's "Sites" folder and anyone will be able to see it. If you want an easy to remember domain name as well, head over to GoDaddy or one of the other domain registrars and sign up for one. Then you can "point" that domain name to your MobileMe account.

As far as I know no one offers a free .com domain name, but you can get things like .tk for free.

MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    Hey guys,

I just purchased google Apps. Now.. I cant find a good step-by-step guide into getting it to link with mobile me ( So I can upload with iweb ). Have no clue what I'm doing right now.

Would appericate the help! Thanks.

P/S: Thanks Aptmunich for your replies. Appreciate em.

Would appreciate any help given. Thanks!

MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    Do you mean "Google Apps for my domain"?

You can already publish your iWeb website to your MobileMe account, so I'm not sure why you would need to publish it to Google Apps. As far as I know Google doesn't offer regular webhosting, so that wouldn't work.

MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
    Everything you need to know...

iWeb FAQ - Tutorials, Tips & Tricks

MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    Google also has this webhosting and domain registrar which enables me to have a website, i've already registered mine. The site that dakineyj suggested was great and really helpful. But I still cant a step by step guide in editing my CNAME for my domain in google apps.

Am clueless here! HELP!

MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
    Call google support. That is why there are there.

MobileMe hosting
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    I own 5 domains and it's not this hard...

MobileMe hosting
    I have my domain with Fat Cow and when I decided to have Mobile Me (at the time .mac) host my domain I simply did a live chat online with someone from Fat Cow and they handled the CNAME change for me.

Terri

Thread Information