New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

One year after the switch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

naftalim

naftalim is on a distinguished road

So, its now been a year after my switch to a Mac, after 27 years on a PC.

I now have:

24" 2.8 Alum. iMac
13" New Alum. Macbook 2.4
3G iphone
Apple TV

Had a Macbook Air for a while, sold it to buy a fancy bike.

Tshirts and Caps with Apple Logos

So glad I made the switch, I actually enjoy using my computers now. I still have to use a PC at work, with Citrix no less, ugh.

Today I have spent several hours today trying to install Office 2008 for Mac. Turns out I had Version 12.0 on the CD so I had to install Versions 12.1.0 SP!, 12.1.1, 12.1.2 and 12.1.3. Of course I didn't know this before I tried to install the update suggested by Microsoft Updater, and they wonder why people don't like MS Software. I had problems too when I installed Office on my iMac.

So, Mac convert for life here!

iMac 20" Alu, Macbook Air 1.6, Time Capsule, Apple TV, iPhone 8GB
QUOTE Thanks
Nevermore

Nevermore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory

since I am not technically inclined but someone gave me a nice set of wireless speakers on Friday. They have a PC and bought themselves a pair and liked them. They bought me a pair and said the only problem was it might take me a couple of hours to set them up because it was fussy.

The CDRom with all the instructions was for PCs only as was the installation and configuration program. I went to the home site and they had no Mac instructions.

I thought I would have to return them but figured I would check out my keyboard stuff first since it is bluetooth. Lo and behold, under Bluetooth was an assistant that offered to set up my speakers for me. Took a minute.

Time spent was about half an hour: 29 minutes figuring out how to get around all the PC stuff, 1 minute after I let my iMac do it for me.

Might be a no brainer if you know what you are doing but I felt so darn pleased with myself.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrading Logic Board/Motherboard | Which Magazine for a Switcher? »