Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy348 View Post
    Lol

Really just the difference in speed when running basic applications.

And you say that your Air hasn't had any overheating issues right?
    I take my Air with me everywhere and it's perfect for web surfing, email, chat, torrent downloads, financial software, etc. I also use it as a portable TV which connects back to my main HTPC (SageTV). MS Office takes a little bit longer to load up on my Air compared to my MB, but still very usable.

It does get warm, but never overheats like some people moan about, and the fan noise really isn't all that bad unless you're sitting in a perfectly quiet room.

If you're looking for something extremely portable and works good for light duty use, the Air is perfect. If you want something a little more "beefy" then you should go for the MacBook. It really depends on what you want out of your Mac.

Not sure if that's much help, but opinions rarely are.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
    Quote Originally Posted by Khris View Post
    I take my Air with me everywhere and it's perfect for web surfing, email, chat, torrent downloads, financial software, etc. I also use it as a portable TV which connects back to my main HTPC (SageTV). MS Office takes a little bit longer to load up on my Air compared to my MB, but still very usable.

It does get warm, but never overheats like some people moan about, and the fan noise really isn't all that bad unless you're sitting in a perfectly quiet room.

If you're looking for something extremely portable and works good for light duty use, the Air is perfect. If you want something a little more "beefy" then you should go for the MacBook. It really depends on what you want out of your Mac.

Not sure if that's much help, but opinions rarely are.
    Thanks for the help so far, but:

-How does it run videos online (streaming)
    -How does it do with flash based adverts?

Thanks a tun, you've helped enormously already.

Specs:
    No problems viewing videos online. As I said, I use it as a portable TV which connects back to my HTPC. I can do this through my local LAN or over the Internet. Never any problems unless the Internet connection is poor while away from home.

As for Flash, I use Firefox with Adblock so I rarely see any advertisements, flash or otherwise.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
    Quote Originally Posted by Khris View Post
    No problems viewing videos online. As I said, I use it as a portable TV which connects back to my HTPC. I can do this through my local LAN or over the Internet. Never any problems unless the Internet connection is poor while away from home.

As for Flash, I use Firefox with Adblock so I rarely see any advertisements, flash or otherwise.
    Sounds great.

I'm really excited about getting one of these, but theres only a couple people that say that this is a great machine and a tun that complain about the fans. Perhaps its just the hit-or-miss type of thing?

One last question, I promise you Do you normally use this laptop on a table or your lap?

Specs:
    Mostly on a coffee table, but also on my lap if I'm in bed. It's never been so hot that I can't use it on my lap either.

Best advice I can give is to go into an Apple store (if possible) and play with them both to see which one you like better.

For me, the Air is exactly what I want as an ultraportable where as my MacBook is a little heavy to cart around (however not so heavy that it's impossible or impractical).

Thread Information