Thread: Help please.

Help please.

Help please.
    My birthday is coming up and I've decided I want to make the switch to a Mac. - I've had a lot of worries and thoughts and the biggest one was having built in Wi-Fi for instant internet access, a few days ago I asked about the Aluminum iMac having built in Wi-Fi and a helpful moderator told me it did. It was a load off but now I'm not getting an Aluminum I'm getting a

Apple iMac MA710B/A, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz, 512MB, 160GB, 17"TFT, Combo/GMA950

^ I don't know how to put that in simpler terms, I'm just hoping it means something to somebody. - It's the previous whiter iMac released in 2006 I believe. I was just wondering, does it have built in Wi-Fi too? Like can I just connect from the get go?

Also, would it be able to support Leopard.

Sorry if these questions have been asked a thousand times before, I'm just quite worried about this whole process and want some solid answers. - Thank you very much, CCH.

Help please.
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    Yes it can support Leopard, and yes it has built in WIFI. Although, you may want to bump the RAM up a little bit, 1 GIG would be much better.
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeafter2am View Post
    Yes it can support Leopard, and yes it has built in WIFI. Although, you may want to bump the RAM up a little bit, 1 GIG would be much better.
    Thank you very much for the speedy reply, you've put my mind at rest! - So (yes, I'm a technical retard ) - When I get the computer, it would be able to find my wireless network... and I can just connect like I would with a Windows laptop for example? Just to clarify.

Help please.
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    Quote Originally Posted by CCH View Post
    Thank you very much for the speedy reply, you've put my mind at rest! - So (yes, I'm a technical retard ) - When I get the computer, it would be able to find my wireless network... and I can just connect like I would with a Windows laptop for example? Just to clarify.
    Yeppers, it should be no problem. The spec sheet for that model says that is supports 802.11b/g, so you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever.
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Help please.

Thanks again, really made my day!

Can't wait until I'm a full time Mac user.

Help please.
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro Unibody
    Quote Originally Posted by CCH View Post
    Thanks again, really made my day!

Can't wait until I'm a full time Mac user.
    Let us know when you get it!
    masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am

Thread Information