New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Transferring iTunes music from PC --> Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ryankk49

ryankk49 is on a distinguished road

What's the easiest way to transfer my iTunes music from my old PC to my new MacBook? Is there a cable i can buy that can transfer these files?
QUOTE Thanks
Spork

Spork can only hope to improve

The easiest way I've ever done is Trasnfer all the music onto the external hard drive, then transfer the music from that onto the macbook.
QUOTE Thanks
jamieandhismac

jamieandhismac is on a distinguished road

it might be easier to wipe the ipod clean of all the music (maybe by a factory restore and not allowing it to sync), put it in disk mode. copy and paste the original files to a recognizable folder on the ipod.
plug your ipod into the mac (without yet installing itunes) and cut and paste the files over. then start a new library and sync.

ive never done this myself. but its an option if you dont have an external hard drive.
QUOTE Thanks
carleymarie

carleymarie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.

To transfer my music I simply used iTunes.

File -> Librarry -> Back Up To Disk. . .

When I did mine it only took a couple of DVD-R discs (which did music and tv shows).

It keeps all of your album art.

All of this is assuming that you have a dvd burner.

An alternate (and time consuming method I used when I first got my MacBook last year) was I just did a lot of cd burning and imported a lot of those (30+) and store bought cds (hundreds). It took a really really long time because for the burnt cds I had to re add in all of the titles, artists, album art, etc.

♥ MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD ♥ 16GB Wi-Fi iPad ♥ 16 GB iPhone 3GS ♥
♥ 3G Red 8 GB iPod nano ♥ 2G silver 4 GB iPod mini ♥ 2G purple 1 GB iPod shuffle ♥ 4G orange 2 GB iPod shuffle ♥
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Chance to get a cheap(?) Mac Mini | mobile me »