New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Which Magazine for a Switcher?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iMACGuru

iMACGuru is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 500GB 2GB RAM

I've been reading PC Mag since it was first published. I'd like to now get a Mac oriented magazine now that I switched to an iMac. I am most interested in how-tos, software reviews, hardware goodies, and such. Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I get both MacLife and MacWorld and like them both. I kind of lean towards MacLife.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I personally like MacWorld (Macworld | Apple, Mac, iPod and iPhone News, Reviews, Help and Tips) but there are others which are equally suited to what you're looking for. Most of the magazines have a web site where you can review articles and read the majority of content on line. Scan through them on line and choose which ever one you think best meets your needs before subscribing.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
carleymarie

carleymarie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
I get both MacLife and MacWorld and like them both. I kind of lean towards MacLife.
Completely agree. I also lean towards MacLife a bit more because it has tutorials, reviews, and ratings.

♥ MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD ♥ 16GB Wi-Fi iPad ♥ 16 GB iPhone 3GS ♥
♥ 3G Red 8 GB iPod nano ♥ 2G silver 4 GB iPod mini ♥ 2G purple 1 GB iPod shuffle ♥ 4G orange 2 GB iPod shuffle ♥
QUOTE Thanks
frazzm737

frazzm737 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac--OSX 10.6.7

I have found an excellent Mac magazine called 'Mac Format.' It is British and very expensive on our newsstands, but subscriptions are less costly. the magazine is full of tutorials and useful topics. The ads all include prices in pounds, but it is over all a better magazine than those published here.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnTheMacGeek

JohnTheMacGeek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
I 100% agree!

QUOTE Thanks
MacFanBoy

MacFanBoy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzm737 View Post
I have found an excellent Mac magazine called 'Mac Format.' It is British and very expensive on our newsstands, but subscriptions are less costly. the magazine is full of tutorials and useful topics. The ads all include prices in pounds, but it is over all a better magazine than those published here.

I 100% agree it is a fantastic magazine for newbies.
Definately look at a subscription as you will save heaps.
Well worth it !
Been a subscriber for 2 years now and have learned heaps from it !
QUOTE Thanks
timestoby

timestoby is on a distinguished road

you can download macworld for free
QUOTE Thanks
didjaever

didjaever is on a distinguished road

I am a recent switcher and subscribe to MacWorld. I like it so far...worth the money. They have new product reviews, software reviews, nice articles, etc. Since switching to Mac, I am more likely to read everything APPLE, so the ipod, etc. reviews in the mag don't bother me either.

MacBook / 07-2008; 2.4 Ghz / 2GB Memory / 160 HD
Green iPod Nano / 4GB
iPhone 4S / 12-2011; 16gb
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« One year after the switch | Proud owner of the new MacBook, question though »