New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

If new Macbooks are unveiled Tuesday...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ay_monettt

ay_monettt is on a distinguished road

When can they be expected to be in stores? Vista doesn't work well with my universitys course pages, and I keep getting booted off during quizzes and stuff, so I really need to get a Macbook. But I hate to buy one today when in 4 days I could get one of the new ones and maybe save me some money!
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
skierbri10

skierbri10 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 3.06 ghz 4gb Ram 1tb, Ipod Touch 1g, iPhone 3G, iBook G4 1.2ghz 1.25 GB

It's usually the same day or the next. Sometimes though it could be a few days.
QUOTE Thanks
Simms

Simms is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD

Yeah, with the announcement now official, I would definitely wait the few extra days for a new one!
QUOTE Thanks
chriswright101

chriswright101 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms View Post
Yeah, with the announcement now official, I would definitely wait the few extra days for a new one!

Awesome. Where did you find the information that it was official?
QUOTE Thanks
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished road

They sent out invitations to an event (which is being held this coming tuesday) with the message "The spotlight turns to notebooks."

 2009 17" Macbook Pro w/ 27" Cinema Display  2010 13" Macbook Air  64GB iPad  32GB iPhone 4  Original Apple TV
QUOTE Thanks
johnnyluu

johnnyluu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ay_monettt View Post
When can they be expected to be in stores? Vista doesn't work well with my universitys course pages, and I keep getting booted off during quizzes and stuff, so I really need to get a Macbook. But I hate to buy one today when in 4 days I could get one of the new ones and maybe save me some money!
Thanks
I'd just buy one today if I was you.

I say, "Unless it causes death, it's not a problem!".
http://johnny.persistentperil.net
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ay_monettt View Post
Thanks
That's less likely the fault of the OS and more likely a settings, browser or security issue.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
ay_monettt

ay_monettt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
That's less likely the fault of the OS and more likely a settings, browser or security issue.
I thought so too, but I talked to a few people and they've had the same problem. I took it to a computer store and they checked it out and said it was fine, and couldn't figure out what the problem was.
I guess school my colleges page is just buggy, but it just doesn't mix well with Vista, and I really don't want to chance it with taking another quiz and losing it.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Try using Firefox or Safari for windows in the mean time?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp on Macbook: Reading USBs | Which Mac? »