Do I need a new external HD for mac?
    Just switched over and want to save mac files to my external. The one I used from my PC won't let me save to it. Which external HD should I get? How big?

Specs:
    Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
    Just switched over and want to save mac files to my external. The one I used from my PC won't let me save to it. Which external HD should I get? How big?
    You could always move the data off the thing and reformat it. There are tons of external drives out there though. I'd check out newegg.com. They always have some good deals.

How big is really up to you. How much space do you think you need? I'd go with whatever was the best deal and what you can afford. It's always better to have more space than you think you'll need. But that's just me.
    Use not abuse the rep system!

I think I'd be afraid to bring all the info over and format the old HD. I get so scared about losing information, and that process looks like I'd somehow make a mistake. I think I will check out the site you mentioned.

As for size, I have thousands of family pics, Word documents, and iTunes songs. There are some other files and Excel documents, but the pics and docs are the most important.

Paragon makes a program called NTFS for OSX. Check it out here:

Paragon NTFS for MAC OS X - full read and write access to Windows NTFS partitions under Mac OS X

It will allow your Mac to read and write to an NTFS hard drive and thereby allow you to share the same Hard Drive for PC and Mac. This is also handy for sharing media files on both systems.

Thread Information