Lightbulb Care to help a newbie with some VERY basic questions??
    OK...First, I'm a newbie to my IMac One month), but have had a PC for well over 10 years...So please excuse my ignorance?

First...I got Paraells with my Mac and it's WAY cool! I love being able to use Mac and Windows. But, something weird just happened (After it working fine since I got it.)

As some of you may know, when you are running both Mac and Windows, it leaves a space at the bottom so you can see and utilize the dock. This works well when switching back and forth from Mac to Windows.

Well...All of the sudden, only Mack has left the dock visible. When I switch to Windows, it takes up the entire monitor. Meaning I have to shut Windows down in order to access Mac...A REAL HASSLE!

And I can't seem to switch it back!

Any help?

Also...

I can't figure-out the Mac mouse. With windows, if you wanted to open a link into a different window, all you had to do is right click the mouse and the new link opened. But for the life of me, I can figure out what the right click of the Mack mouse is for?Huh

Also...

I have figured-out how to highlight text with the Mac mouse and then drag it to the place you want. But many times, I want to drag it to Windows and it doesn't work???

I know this is a lot but I'm having a lot of troubles enjoying my Mac and am just looking for help. If you can help me, I we you a coke!

Thanks,

Johnny

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Well I don't have Parallel but have you tried "Command + Tab"? to switch between Parallel and your other Mac Applications? I think this is very similar to Alt+Tab key command on Windows.

As for the highlighting text thing, I'm not sure about that? Why not just highlight and "Command+C" to copy and "Command+V" to paste?

As for the right click thing...you can just hold down "Command" when you want to open a new tab in a web browser, or you can hold down "Control" and it will give you sub options like a right click.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    go to  menu > System preferences > Keyboard and Mouse. You can set the right click to secondary button there to get the same behaviour as windows
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    Well I don't have Parallel but have you tried "Command + Tab"? to switch between Parallel and your other Mac Applications? I think this is very similar to Alt+Tab key command on Windows.

As for the highlighting text thing, I'm not sure about that? Why not just highlight and "Command+C" to copy and "Command+V" to paste?

As for the right click thing...you can just hold down "Command" when you want to open a new tab in a web browser, or you can hold down "Control" and it will give you sub options like a right click.

VERY good stuff Crimson!! Especially the "Hold down Command" to open a new window from an URL. I'm just wondering, do you hit the left or right button on the mouse?

As for copying and pasting, it works when you're using it on the same page, but if you want to go to another page to paste it, it doesn't work. Any ideas around that?

Thanks again, you've been a big help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    go to  menu > System preferences > Keyboard and Mouse. You can set the right click to secondary button there to get the same behaviour as windows

Oh MAN!!!!!

I was blind but now I can see!

I owe YOU a Jim Beam and Coke!!!

Just OUTSTANDING information!!!

Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post

Any ideas on how you can copy and paste exactly like in Windows???

(Yeah, I'm pushing my luck!!! )

Johnny

Well in mac you don't click ctrl c or ctrl v anymore
    you click command c and command v, that's the only difference

How do I find the second page to this thread? I Looked for about 10 minutes, so please forgive my ignorance?)

I've seemed to have lost a question I asked.

Thanks,

Johnny

Specs:
    MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
    There has yet to be a second page, are you sure you hit "Post"?
    Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...

Thread Information