New England
    24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1
    Desktop file dragging between iMac and PC?
    This is something that I can't seem to get a handle on. On my pc, I can go onto my home network in explorer and drag and drop files to any (PC) computer as simple as it gets.

Is there something I'm missing? I just dropped 19 photos into a folder on my desktop, and for the life of me I can't move them to my wife's pc so she can print them. The files are the originals, and are too big to email, and that defeats the purpose anyway... I want the highest quality so I can do the scaling back on the PC.

How do I show other PCs on my home network on my iMac so I can click on them and browse to a shared folder so I can dump these pictures?
    Without Curiosity, Intelligence Is Nonexistent
    Aging Grandpa drives a Supercharged Ford SVT Lightning

Racing Capital, USA
    I am not sure as I am a Mac newbie, but I know file sharing is very possible between a Mac and PC as we used to do it all the time at my old job. The graphic artists would make something on a Mac and would drop it into a network folder and I would open the folder with a PC to edit and print it. I have no clue how it was done though as it was already set up when I started there.

The Republic of Neptune

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 GB ram | 10.6.8
    you can network the mac and pc together, then sharing files is easier. or use a USB thumb drive to swap files between them.

Reading. UK
    Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
    The easiest way is to click on the HD icon on the Mac then open the PC on the left and this will show you the available drives for sharing, then drag the photo folder to the drive you want.

Make sure you have the sharing option ticked on the Windows drive.

Thread Information