New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Syncing up cell phone with Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Scoobie Newbie

Scoobie Newbie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 2.5 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, OSX Yosemite...iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 5

I have hooked up my cell phone to my Mac and although I can charge my phone I can't open the memory card that is on my phone with Mac. I was under the impression that the Mac usually looked for a program to hook up your cell with the computer? Any help would be great. The cell is a Samsung SCH-U740
QUOTE Thanks
CoMo

CoMo is on a distinguished road

That's a feature phone rather than a smartphone, so you might be out of luck. All of the sync software I'm aware of (e.g., Missing Sync) works only with handsets running the BlackBerry, Palm and Windows Mobile OSs.
QUOTE Thanks
Scoobie Newbie

Scoobie Newbie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 2.5 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, OSX Yosemite...iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 5

By sync I should clarify. I would like to be able to access the memory card on the phone via the Mac when I plug the phone into the Mac like I was able to with the PC I used to own.
QUOTE Thanks
TamiRene

TamiRene is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool

You could always pick up a card reader.

"There are those who talk, and without knowledge or forethought reveal a truth which they themselves do not understand."

-Khalil Jibran
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

To access the card and files on my phone that I had before iPhone I used bluetooth. Don't remember how I set it up but it was like file sharing via bluetooth.
QUOTE Thanks
Udjamini

Udjamini is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, Time Capsule...

Yes, if your phone is bluetooth, just go to the upper right of your desk top and select "Set up bluetooth device" - make sure the phone is discoverable first. (in the phone settings). The mac will find it and access it like a drive. Its really easy.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Strange Problem? | AFP and HFS+ »