New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

"whoosh" mac mail (2.1.3) sound has disappeared

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

marz

marz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac book pro

tiger 10.4.11. My "whoosh" send mail sound as well as "received" mail sound have disappeared. This has been going on for quite a while. Someone suggested rebooting, which helps for a short time. Then it disappears again. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Mac Book Pro, 2 gigs ram, 2.16 ghz
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

I would suspect that your iChat sounds have gone away as well. I had this problem with Tiger before I upgraded to Leopard. Other sounds work, but the mail whoosh and iChat blurb doesn't work.

The fix is to launch activity monitor, look for a process called coreaudiod and force quit it. Mac OS will note that it's been killed, then relaunch it. Then you should get your whoosh back.
QUOTE Thanks
macgig

macgig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 gigs ram | 10.6.8

check the mail preferences.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using - Dell All-In-One Printer 924 | Office 2007 (w/ Fusion) or Office 2008? »