New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

MacBook > MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zman2408

zman2408 is on a distinguished road

I had been planning on going to the Apple store downtown today and buying the cheap MBP but I got cold feet last night, I just started not wanting to spend that much money and this morning I felt the same way, so knowing I wasn't going to buy I still went down there and played with the macs for the First Time! (I lost my mac cherry today!)

I had never considered the Mac Book before I just wanted the MBP and after going there any playing with them I think I am going to go back either 2moro or thursday and buy a white 2.4 mac book... I was just really attracted to the clean white macbook and the 13" screen didn't seem as small as I had assumed it would...

I will post what I get when I get it !
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

Wooo! If it helps, I love my MacBook to pieces.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Mac Cherry?? >_>"?? Sounds kind of dirty.

Umm anyways I wouldn't say that MB>MBP because it really depends on what you need.

If you really are into doing high end 3D renderings or music production you probably would want a MBP, if you are just doing some casual photo editing and the usual stuff then the MB is totally for you.

Plus it's ultra portable I also love my MB more so than my MBP which gets really hot quite quickly.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

yeah, my MBP gets hot very quickly too. I don't know why, but especially when its battery is almost empty, then I plug the charger in and continue working.
QUOTE Thanks
zman2408

I didn't mean anything srsly about the topic just that I wanted the MBP & the MB got my attention...

Do the white ones get dirty ?
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Obviously. But if you keep it clean, nothing will go wrong. Just respect your white macbook and take care of it. *Now that sounds like I'm talking about a baby* Lol!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
Obviously. But if you keep it clean, nothing will go wrong. Just respect your white macbook and take care of it. *Now that sounds like I'm talking about a baby* Lol!
Anything can get dirty, you need to take precautions. I have the Zagg Invisible Shield on my MB so if it does get dirty, I can rub it off easily. Plus don't have to worry about scratches. ^-^"
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Zagg Invisible Shield? How much does that cost? I doubt I'll find here in our two and only Apple stores in the whole country, rofl.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
Zagg Invisible Shield? How much does that cost? I doubt I'll find here in our two and only Apple stores in the whole country, rofl.
Website here. I think it cost me around 40 USD with shipping, I got like a 15% discount and free shipping with some promotion they had going at the time.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Ow, I just checked and it's $54 for full body coverage. I'll buy it as soon as I get to the States, too bad I can only buy it online not from a store 'I guess'.

Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
zman2408

W00 H00

BOUGHT MY MAC BOOK THIS MORNING!
$1288 after student discount 2.4ghz white!

I LOVE IT! Man I should of done this a long time ago!

It's gonna take a little while for me to stop making typos, just getting used to the keyboard, but I <3 it !

Does anyone have a .mac / mobile me account? I am thinking about buying one just so I can have a mac email and potentially put some pictures on a website or something...

Any advice for getting used to my new MB ???
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

Just chill with it - the best way to switch to Mac is just to relax and fiddle with it - have a poke about, try out Applications, find the Mac way of doing things and don't get frustrated!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Leopard won't burn my DVDs | powerpoint 2008 mac - insert youtube vids - please help! »