New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Futureshop / Apple Care Plan

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rock

Rock is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows. Futureshop doesnt sell the ACP, which I think is outrageous. They do this so they can push their in store warranty which through reading various forums is nothing similar to the service of the ACP. If I get my laptop from futureshop will I be able to get the ACP through the apple site, or another apple retailer at a later date?

~Rock
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, bby/fs doesn't have that sort of information exchange with apple.

just buy it with the normal apple 1 year warranty and then order apple care online through apple - which can be done at any time during that first year from purchase. though the AC warranty stil only goes to 3 yrs from the date of purchase.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows. Futureshop doesnt sell the ACP, which I think is outrageous. They do this so they can push their in store warranty which through reading various forums is nothing similar to the service of the ACP. If I get my laptop from futureshop will I be able to get the ACP through the apple site, or another apple retailer at a later date?

~Rock
Yes, you can buy a warranty anywhere that sells it and apply it so long as it's within a year of the original date of purchase of the computer. Also, which part of Canada do you live in? If you're in Montreal, I know a place or two in the city you should be able to buy the protection plan from.
QUOTE Thanks
Rock

Nah, on the other side in Vancouver but thanks
QUOTE Thanks
eddielee

eddielee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4

Read up on them tho because some shops warranties will be better. Comet in the UK covers every thing ACP does including software but does accidental damage as well and I think it was only £15 more.

Thanks, Eddie
Software Engineering Student, NTU
QUOTE Thanks
Rock

The FS one does cover things like the battery but their turn around time is 4-8 weeks for ANY repair. some depots dont treat things very well either and can return scratched/damaged, from what i have seen.
QUOTE Thanks
nbrowser

nbrowser has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB

imho Future Shop and Best Buy's "extended" warranties are a joke, honestly....I'd rather go buy my Mac from some place like WestWorld or Simply Computing here in the Greater Vancouver area than the big box stores. Just like the service better. Sure it might cost a few bucks more at retail but service is what draws me to a store.....

This is a multiplatform home !
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mail and Gmail | keyboard Packaging Bruise »