New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

MacBook Pro - Desktop Picture Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HmmIsee

HmmIsee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!

Well I just received my new 17' MBP, and for some reason, the only pictures I can use for my desktop are the ones that came with the computer.

This isn't my first Mac, so I know what to do, but my pro won't let me...When I go to system Preferences and go to desktop & screen saver, all the options are there. But when I go to add pictures from my own picture folder, nothing happens, no pictures appear or anything.

Like I said this has never happened to me before, so if someone could please help me, I would appreciate it!! Hopefully someone could get back to me soon! Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
HmmIsee

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!

Nevermind everybody, I figured it out. For some reason, Aperature was the problem, don't ask why, but it was.
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

Hope you're liking it

(apart from the desktop problem that is).
QUOTE Thanks
HmmIsee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaheadpunk View Post
Hope you're liking it

(apart from the desktop problem that is).

I'm loving this thing man!! I thought I was in love with all of my other Mac's, but this one has blown everything out of the water!! It's like the Ferrari of Laptops, everyone in my office is blown away by it (i'm the only one with Mac's).

But I got the desktop problem fixed, thanks man
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

How many other Mac's have you had before?

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
HmmIsee

I've had macs since I was in 9th grade in High school.. My school had a special Photography/Graphics class that only 12 kids a year could be in, fortunately, I was one of them each year. After your 9th grade year, you automatically were in that class the next year. Well in this class, each student would receive a macbook at the very beginning of the year, and it was yours to keep that school year. So I had 4 different MacBooks while I was in High school. Each year you would get a brand new out of the box one, it was great.

But on to your question, I guess you could count each year from 9th to 12th grade as me having a mac, so thats 4. I then purchased a Power Mac g4, and I recently sold that. Right now, I have a 2.2ghz MacBook, and of course my brand New 17" MacBook Pro.

So, I guess this would be my 7th mac. I take care of all my Macs also, I don't get new ones because I break them or anything.
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Very lucky. My school has brand new iMacs this year, and a whole bunch of eMacs. Plus all the teacher's got MacBooks this year. I got my MacBook from my mom and step-dad this year. So, this would be my first Mac, although I've had tons of experiences with them. I also convinced my dad to get an iMac, and he's loving it as well. Sometimes the switch can be rough considering I was a 6 year PC user.

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
HmmIsee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithTeeple View Post
Very lucky. My school has brand new iMacs this year, and a whole bunch of eMacs. Plus all the teacher's got MacBooks this year. I got my MacBook from my mom and step-dad this year. So, this would be my first Mac, although I've had tons of experiences with them. I also convinced my dad to get an iMac, and he's loving it as well. Sometimes the switch can be rough considering I was a 6 year PC user.

Yeah, I was very lucky and fortunate to be chosen for the Graphic program, unfortunatley i chose to join the army after highschool and not continue my career in graphic arts. But now that I'm out of the Army, I work for the Department of Defense, and it allows me ample time to get back into everything. We also had the old iMac's in my school, and a craup load of power mac G4's...For some reason, my High school loved there Mac's. Thank god for that though, thats what caused me to fall in love with them!!

I now have gotten my fiance to switch, she uses my MacBook now that I have this Pro. I'm on the verge of getting my in laws to switch also, even though there a little older. My father in law builds Pc's, and my Mac's are the first ones he's ever messed with. He loves how they operate, he can't believe how smoothe everything runs, and thats coming from a man who builds Pc's for a living!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrading HDD | Question about networking. »