New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Fonts change & pics lost when forwarding email

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Carleen

Carleen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express

I "Switched" last year and have been ignoring one problem thinking it was something I just had to get used to because my mother always told me "you can't always have everything you want". I have searched and searched the forums. Here's the problem.

Someone sends me an email that contains different types, sizes, and colors of fonts, and also includes embedded photos, and cute little wiggling icons. When I try to forward this cutesy email as is, my email is nothing but the same plain font with no photos and no cute little wiggly icons. My friends must think my emails are REALLY dull.

Is there a fix or do I just have to live with it?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Under Mail > Preferences > Composing, what is selected in "Message Format" ?

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
...an email that contains different types, sizes, and colors of fonts, and also includes embedded photos, and cute little wiggling icons. When I try to forward this cutesy email as is, my email is nothing but the same plain font with no photos and no cute little wiggly icons. ...
Maybe it's a feature to protect the rest of us from all of that stuff?
QUOTE Thanks
Carleen

Mac Specs: iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express

Thanks for responding, Dysfunction,

mail>preferences>composing>message format: Plain Text

NO THANKS FOR RESPONDING, technologist. (or is your name Mr. Rude and Most Important Person In The World??)
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

That's why, change it to Rich Text.

Personally, I haven't considered rich text to be 'rude' since i gave up using only pine, mail (not Mail), or mutt as my mail clients.. back around the turn of the millennium

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Carleen

Oh, Mike (Dysfunction),
You misunderstood my 2nd post!! I was THANKING YOU for responding appropriately to my question. And I was chastising the other poster with the forum member since March,2004 by the name of "technologist" who also responded to my question, but his response was rude.

Thank you, Mike, you have solved my problem!! And I will definitely add to your "reputation"!!!
Carleen
QUOTE Thanks
Spork

Spork can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
Oh, Mike (Dysfunction),
You misunderstood my 2nd post!! I was THANKING YOU for responding appropriately to my question. And I was chastising the other poster with the forum member since March,2004 by the name of "technologist" who also responded to my question, but his response was rude.

Thank you, Mike, you have solved my problem!! And I will definitely add to your "reputation"!!!
Carleen
I think you may have read it wrong, seems as though he was just making a joke. I don't believe he was being rude at all. I think you over reacted a bit much.

Either way this has helped me out, so thanks to the guy who answered the question.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SuperDuper | First Mac, a few questions »