New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Black Macbook, pure bliss !

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shaolinmac

shaolinmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Imac Intel 2.16GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB, 128MB graphic card / Black Macbook 2.4GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB HD

Hello,
I've been roming around this site for quite a while and finally decided to register. I bought my black Macbook this saturday and it's just awsome. I had my Imac already but wanted a laptop for university. I was a bit skeptic about the screen size and also about the speakers sounding a little bit lame compared to the Macbook pro. Since I didn't have the money for a Macbook pro and wanted a laptop now I went for it. Saturday I was like a kid in a candy store . To my suprise when I get home the speakers sound great I even have to lower to volume sometimes (Thank God) and the screen even if it's 13.3 inches it great for what I do. Just wanted to share my joy of my laptop with you guys .

PS: Yeah also I got it with a printer and a Ipod Touch and the ipod is really really nice
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

imnothardcore is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G

yah i love my macbook. the speakers sound alot better than my friends hp.

and the touch is sweet.

be careful that touch is what made me buy the iphone. apple knows exactly what they were doing in making that.....lol
QUOTE Thanks
shaolinmac

Mac Specs: 20" Imac Intel 2.16GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB, 128MB graphic card / Black Macbook 2.4GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB HD

Yeah I know I'm already thinking about the Iphone. Man they sure do know how to make us wanna spend money on Apple products !!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

aww you have an imac too im jealous......

next raise
QUOTE Thanks
shaolinmac

You'll see it's wonderfull I'm building myself an nice Mac familly lol
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

lol, nice

Im moving in with my girlfriend in a few months. She has an HP laptop, I told her that had to go... haha
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnothardcore View Post
lol, nice

Im moving in with my girlfriend in a few months. She has an HP laptop, I told her that had to go... haha
Give her an ultimatum, and see what happens. <_<"
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

well we are having a baby too.

lol, where can i get an Apple onsie...
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I remember how happy I was the day I got my black Macbook. I just upgraded the hard drive to a 250GB 7200RPM drive and added another gig of memory for a total of 3GB. I'm installing all of the updates, but boy, I'm just as excited as I was the day I got this thing

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
shaolinmac

I think I'm going to upgrade to 4 GB around the holidays. I'M also thinking about getting it laser etch around the same time as well but I'm afraid it's going to void the warranty. If it does I'm not going to do it.

Kash do you really see the difference with the hard drive that you installed ??
QUOTE Thanks
imnothardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinmac View Post
id like to hear that response as well.

the 4gb memory upgrade is epic though, ive done that
QUOTE Thanks
Mario

Mario is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook 2.4GHz

The 4GB upgrade should be on the top of everyone's list. It was a night and day difference, even just basic maneuvering around the OS and simple applications.

-Mario | Wedding and Portrait Photographer

Black Macbook 2.4GHz 4GB-RAM | ViewSonic 20.1" Widescreen | 2x 500GB WD MyBooks | Wacom Bamboo | iPhone 8GB | Canon-equipped.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinmac View Post
I think I'm going to upgrade to 4 GB around the holidays. I'M also thinking about getting it laser etch around the same time as well but I'm afraid it's going to void the warranty. If it does I'm not going to do it.

You have no idea how much faster a 7200RPM drive is in comparison to a 5400RPM drive. I was backing up files before I did the swap and it took me hours to get all of my data to the external drive. But when I had to transfer it all back after the swap, the transfer times were cut in HALF. Also, OS X was installed in mere minutes. Reminded me of the time I went from 7200RPM to 10,000RPM drives on my PC, the speed increase was very noticeable.

I had imagined a slight increase, but this was just phenomenal. Load times for applications has also decreased dramatically. It would take a few bounces and a few extra seconds on top of that to load Word, now it's done in 2-3 bounces and it's loaded up instantly.

The best part is that hard drives are dirt cheap nowadays. I paid just $120 for a 250GB 7200RPM drive (I could have gotten a larger 5400RPM drive for the same price, but boy am I glad I didn't go with that option). I would highly recommend anyone who is looking to get more speed out of their machine to upgrade both RAM and hard drive, you won't regret it.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
fishepa

fishepa is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini

Did it shorten battery life at all?

War Eagle!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

I'm always near a power source, so I haven't really tested that out. I think I'll give it a try this weekend

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mbp Srsly! | Mac Mail and Gmail »