New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

uploading photos question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

red93xj

red93xj is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.0, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD

when I try to upload a picture, I have to search through a ton of files just to find the pic that i want. All of them have number titles and I have no idea what they mean. any help?
thanks,
</dustin>
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

Do you mean when you upload a picture from your computer? If so, then you just need to organize your photos on your hard drive a little better. There are many, many ways to do this but this is what I do. On my external HDD I have a folder called "My Pictures" (how original, huh) that I have subfolders in for anything from Photoshop doodles to hardware photos, dog pictures etc. After they are in the proper folder you can go through and do a batch rename to name them all generically like dogs01, dogs02....etc or name them individually to something that will make you remember what each one is. The good thing about the Mac Finder is that you can turn on preview so its just a matter of clicking on a file and seeing it in the Finder window without actually having to open it in another program.

Now my wife, on the other hand, loves iPhoto and the way it organizes all the photos into folders based on when they photos were taken/imported -- year>month>day and it works good for her because she can remember dates really well.

You can rename your photos whatever you want, make it easy for yourself.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recording Guitar | Photoshop »