New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Help guys...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

leeboy120

leeboy120 is on a distinguished road

Im getting bored of the windows machines..so im considering going to mac as i need to purchase a notebook for school. For me its out of Macbook and the Macbook Pro but i need help on what you think is best. I need the notebook mainly for word processing, adobe master collection, video editing and small games like football manager but i also care about the design of the notebook. I heard that the macbook pro gets scratched easily so is their any product out their which will help me avoid this as I get quite paranoid about little things when spending a lot of money on something. Anyway please tell me what you think is best for me thanks.

Lee.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
AlexSL1

AlexSL1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd

Macbook pro is betta, of course, that's why it cost more, but all you really get is a bigger screen (which i wouldnt want anyway, 13inches is big enough for me)
and a dedicated graphics card. What games are you wanting to play on there?
i play a few games on mine but onli old ones, such as warcraft 3.
What level of video editing are you doing, if its at a high level you ill need the pro, with the dedicated graphics card.

Macbook 2.4ghz, 250GB HDD, 4GB ram
I-Pod Classic 120GB
QUOTE Thanks
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished road

What will you be primarily doing in Adobe Master Collection, and what exactly do you mean by video editing? If these are using these intensively, you'll probably want to go for the MacBook Pro for it's dedicated graphics card - however, if you're just editing short video clips, you could use a MacBook.

 2009 17" Macbook Pro w/ 27" Cinema Display  2010 13" Macbook Air  64GB iPad  32GB iPhone 4  Original Apple TV
QUOTE Thanks
leeboy120

Just editing using Sony Vegas and from the Adobe Master Collection i want to use Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash, Fireworks and After Effects. Anyone had problems with scratches on the case I had a laptop once with a silver case and it got scratched badly but maybe it was because it was a crap make.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSL1 View Post
Macbook pro is betta, of course, that's why it cost more, but all you really get is a bigger screen (which i wouldnt want anyway, 13inches is big enough for me)
and a dedicated graphics card. What games are you wanting to play on there?
i play a few games on mine but onli old ones, such as warcraft 3.
What level of video editing are you doing, if its at a high level you ill need the pro, with the dedicated graphics card.
I wasn't aware that a 3D accelerator was used by a video editing app. Now, I can see where it would be useful in 3D modeling or CAD applications, but not in video editing.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
AlexSL1

AlexSL1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd

MBP will probably be better then. Macbook would probably not be good enough becauuse of its integrated, rather than dediicated, graphics card.
SAve aa bit of money and get the pro.
I havent had one myself, but ive spent a lot of time on forums like this, ive not seen anyone complain about scratches on their mbps

Macbook 2.4ghz, 250GB HDD, 4GB ram
I-Pod Classic 120GB
QUOTE Thanks
leeboy120

What are the main differences between the two ?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboy120 View Post
What are the main differences between the two ?
Don't want to sound like a jerk but you can check this out yourself by going to apples' website. >_>"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just bought a new blackbook. I was just wonderin.... | P2P programs question »