New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Black or white macbook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The Apple Guy

The Apple Guy is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iPhone 3G | 13 Inch 2.4 GHZ new MacBook

Jw which one is better for looks and smudges and scratches and things relating to that.

Once you go mac , you never go back
QUOTE Thanks
The Apple Guy

Go on , convince me to go from pc to mac.
Please tell me why i should buy a macbook , black specifically
And what makes it better than a regular ol pc like HP or dell or w/e from best buy?

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apple Guy View Post
Go on , convince me to go from pc to mac.
Please tell me why i should buy a macbook , black specifically
And what makes it better than a regular ol pc like HP or dell or w/e from best buy?
Well, this is pretty subjective, but I would say "nothing". For me, I was sick of the hassles that accompany Windows and ready for a change. If you're completely comfortable with Windows, there is really nothing you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC. That isn't to say that the Macbooks don't have a lot of nice features, but nothing that you can't find on a PC laptop.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
The Apple Guy

Alright thanks , but do you think macs are easier to use though

QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

it really depends. The macbook is a good buy, and will do anything a PC will do, except depreciate.

Number one reason I went to a mac was because I love the OS, and how it works. Vista really IS FINE, so no problems there.

Its really your call, but make it based on OS, and looks of the machine, then ask yourself if you want to make most of your money back when you sell it.

Its funny, all these people going to the Mac-side, is really gonna hurt the "resale-market"

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
The Apple Guy

I'm on a tight budget but ADORE the black , is it REALLY worth the extra cash?

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apple Guy View Post
Alright thanks , but do you think macs are easier to use though
Again, pretty subjective. If you cut your teeth on Windows, you will have to check that experience at the door and try to get used to the way Mac OS works. You will have to remind yourself that just because you did something differently in the Windows world, doesn't necessarily mean that it was "better", just different.

In short, you'll need to keep an open mind, and I think you'll be pretty happy with it - particularly if you've had enough of Windows.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Mjc.americor

Mjc.americor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz

Yea, Its pretty subjective. I switched to Mac because I hated my PC getting bogged down while I was trying to render and I always had pop-ups. And those Virus Protection Programs can really use lots of memory. So I bought a macbook then sold that for $100 less than I payed for it, then Got a iMac and Have been in love ever since!

15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody
2.4GHz 4GB Ram and 500GB HD nVidia Geforce 9600
QUOTE Thanks
Mjc.americor

Mjc.americor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz

Im not really about presentation as much as I am performance. I know that the BlackBook has higher specs than the base model. If you want the same specs as the Black MacBook but white its going to be $100 cheaper. Like you said you are on a budget. Black Isn't worth $ 100.00 to me.

15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody
2.4GHz 4GB Ram and 500GB HD nVidia Geforce 9600
QUOTE Thanks
The Apple Guy

Yeah true but black is just frickin hard to resist for me because if im paying over 1000 i want some good looks as well

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Everyone and their brother has a "black" PC. You want a MacBook that looks like another PC? And pay extra for it also?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
The Apple Guy

Quote:
Everyone and their brother has a "black" PC. You want a MacBook that looks like another PC? And pay extra for it also?

Regards.

I see what your saying but pc's are bulky and ugly and OH dont have the big glowing white apple on the back

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post

Regards.
I guess it where you go, but at my school I've never seen anyone with a Black MacBook. I have seen plenty of people with White Macbooks and a few MBPs.
QUOTE Thanks
The Apple Guy

Quote:
I guess it where you go, but at my school I've never seen anyone with a Black MacBook. I have seen plenty of people with White Macbooks and a few MBPs.
Exactly so i want some originality

QUOTE Thanks
lakewoodlady

lakewoodlady is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook OS Leopard

You could get a white one and paint it black on the outer casing and around the screen and keyboard. Maybe?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB stick name in capitals? | I did it! »