New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

2 Mac problems (weird sound and window problem)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GoodTimeJoey

GoodTimeJoey is on a distinguished road

So I'm having some mac problems.

1) you know how the mouse cursor automatically dissapears while your typing? well once it does the computer makes an annoying noise going *eeeeeeee* that's really annoying especially when i'm trying to type a long message such as this one.

2) You know how when you minimize a window it sucks it into the dock with a cool animation?
well it stopped doing that, it simply just dissapears now and also when I clickt he 2 side buttons expose doesn't open to show all the windows.
I looked through system prefrences and cant find anything to fix these.
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

1. no idea

2. Apple Menu>dock>dock preferences Where is says Minimizing using: Genie Effect should be selected.

2b. No idea, I use hot corners for that.
QUOTE Thanks
jeantr

jeantr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimeJoey View Post
now and also when I clickt he 2 side buttons expose doesn't open to show all the windows.
I looked through system prefrences and cant find anything to fix these.
Check under System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse for that. I'm on a Macbook, thus no mouse, but if I remember right, the settings for exposè to work when you squeeze the mouse are in that menu
QUOTE Thanks
GoodTimeJoey

GoodTimeJoey is on a distinguished road

Ok I got the genie and the expose to work.
That noise might jut be since my mac is over 2 years old.

Thanks though guys.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting photos off my iPhone... | iCal syncing weirdness... »