12-15-2004, 01:36 AM #1OIZeeGuestFull OSX CD with iBook? Can I use tiger?
Planning on getting an iBook soon. Got a few questions.
1. Is it a full OSX CD/DVD that comes with the iBook or is it some sort of "preload-it-all/restore-it-all" CD/DVD? Point is I would like to do a custom install of OSX - is that posible/recomended?
2. Can I run Tiger (10.4) on the iBook. I have read the sys. requirements here: http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/core.html - but I'm not sure if it will run on the iBook (without all the fancy new grafix) or it will require one of the named gfx card.
12-15-2004, 02:03 AM #2
- Member Since
- Oct 30, 2004
- San Antonio, Texas
- PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
1. it comes with a software estore disc, and also a seperate disc just for installing the OS, well, most do.B>I dont recommend a custom install unless you know what youre doing.
2. it should run on the ibook as long as you meet the minimum requirements like ram and hd space.
12-15-2004, 02:17 AM #3OIZeeGuest
Thanks! Well I'm new to mac but I have used linux for quite some time. So I think I'll dare the custum install ;-)
12-15-2004, 08:58 AM #4McGuillicuddyGuest
I have a feeling that Tiger will run on the iBooks, but it won't support any of the new technologies since our video card (MR 9200) is not compatible.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By HUNTERxWARD in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2010, 04:48 AM
By Bill2reg in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital PhotographyReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2010, 04:22 PM
By fishquail in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2007, 02:45 PM
By pazza in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2006, 10:02 AM
By empy in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 4Last Post: 08-09-2006, 01:35 PM