New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iPhone to iMac Music Transfer, Am I Missing Something???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

p0ssum man

p0ssum man is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS 512MB

just got my new iMac through today and im having serious trouble getting my music from my old PC onto my new iMac...i tried to set up a wireless home network, vista didnt like that, tried to connect the two with an ethernet cable, vista didnt like that, now ive decided vista's pretty much just trying to make life hard for me so i thought the simplest thing to do would just be to transfer all music from my iPhone to my iMac, but i cant find a decent program thats free, anyone able to help me???
QUOTE Thanks
p0ssum man

p0ssum man is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS 512MB

theres gotta be someone with some idea out there
QUOTE Thanks
Telters

Telters is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 5

so your saying you can't use iTunes. With my old PC we used iTunes and put all our songs from the PC to the mac with an iPod. If it is really bad and you can't do it, you may want to buy a flash drive (about 20.00) and take songs from the PC to Mac. Or depending how large your music library is, you could use blank DVDs and burn from the PC to the Mac.

Hope this helps...

T
QUOTE Thanks
voltron

voltron is on a distinguished road

iPhone files to your Mac? I'm afraid, you can't do it straight away (without knowledge of hidden folders and files tweeking). There are a bunch of third party apps in the net for that job. Google "ipod music transfer to computer" or experiment with different terms.

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
wcarr3

wcarr3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

Maybe you can try transferring your music files using the external drive routes. If you don't have one yet, external drives are fairly reasonable in price these days. Plus when your done with your transfer, you can always use the external to perform your backups.
QUOTE Thanks
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished road

I use TouchCopy, it isn't free but is very good.

Although there is no reason an Ethernet cable shouldn't do the job - what do you mean when you say "vista didn't like that?" - vista is normally quite good with networking.
QUOTE Thanks
shades.of.gray

shades.of.gray is on a distinguished road

i realize i'm kinda late in replying on this
but there's this software called senuti (spell it backwards and see what you get )
Senuti - Download
you only get a 30 day free trial but it only takes 30 min-ish to transfer your music and then you don't really need it anymore
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The best computer for me ??? | Downloading DVD's to iMAC... »