New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Help Graphics!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JSPhotography

JSPhotography is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have been on Windows all my life but after playing with Leopard I decided to switch. I will be buying a MAC Pro in the nest couple of weeks.
I'm not getting it from the Apple Store as I'm having to get it on finance and Apples isn't very good on the APR.

So I'm getting the basic 2X 2.8ghz Xeons, 2GB RAM and the ATI 2600.
I need to upgrade RAM (Not Apple RAM though) and upgrade the graphics.
I'm having trouble finding the right components though.
I know I need 200 FB-DIMM 800mhz RAM (that right?) but can't find it (If anyone in the know could find it on www.dabs.com I would be very grateful

But it's the graphics cards that are really messing me about. When looking at cards they don't say if they have MAC drivers. I was looking for the 8800GT 512mb but they just mention PC.

Any help would be most helpfull.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Try going to ClubMac or OWC where they specialize in Macs.
OWC is good for memory especially.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
JSPhotography

JSPhotography is on a distinguished road

Thanks Cradom!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« time capsule/imac and slinglink | newbie has problem with gif animation »