Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
    Photo Editing Software Questions.
    I'm switching to Mac fairly soon (getting an iBook in December most likely, going off to college), and I was wondering, is there any Mac alternative to Jasc's Paint Shop Pro? Because I've NEVER liked Photoshop. It's just not very artistic-related at all. It's just such a techy program. Its filters are utterly boring by comparison to PSP's. It's also incredibly expensive, even with the student discount. Can anyone who's ever used PSP on a PC recommend something more similar to it for Mac? Would a Corel program be a good alternative, perhaps?

Cloudane
    It's not too exciting, but the GraphicConverter prog that comes with it does quite a good job.

Desolate One
    GraphicConverter comes with the iBook? I don't think I have it on mine... let me check!

Edit: No, I don't think I got GraphicConverter with mine!

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    Ive never used the above mentioned pc app, but maybe corel paint, or corel photopaint are some options

Desolate One
    Well no matter and I do apologize for the possible thread hi-jacking but I had a question regarding Preview. I'm able to crop, rotate, and wotnot, but is there a way to resize the picture? Hey, it seems like a contribution to the thread!

Sorry, getting a bit pissed though now.

sivp
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyvn
    I'm switching to Mac fairly soon (getting an iBook in December most likely, going off to college), and I was wondering, is there any Mac alternative to Jasc's Paint Shop Pro? Because I've NEVER liked Photoshop. It's just not very artistic-related at all. It's just such a techy program. Its filters are utterly boring by comparison to PSP's. It's also incredibly expensive, even with the student discount. Can anyone who's ever used PSP on a PC recommend something more similar to it for Mac? Would a Corel program be a good alternative, perhaps?
    I've used PSP and photoshop, truly, I think PSP isn't as good as Photoshop CS. I use Photoshop CS now on mac and all you need is to download some presets i.e. brushes, custom shapes, styles...

If you know what your doing and you have a vision, you can accomplish more with photoshop.

If your interested, email me for the presets, there not big so i can email them pack or post them on my web....

Specs:
    yup, I definitely prefer photoshop cs over any other photoediting style app ever. and no, you cant resize an image in preview.:mac:

sivp
    Well, you have to copy the original file using the selection tool, make sure all the layers are flattened into one layer..

Then open a new project in photoshop with your specified size and paste your copied original image. In mac, press Command + T (Ctrl + T in windows) to open the transform tool and resize your picture so that it's squar with your canvas. Save it and your picture is now to your specs.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by sivp
    Well, you have to copy the original file using the selection tool, make sure all the layers are flattened into one layer..

Then open a new project in photoshop with your specified size and paste your copied original image. In mac, press Command + T (Ctrl + T in windows) to open the transform tool and resize your picture so that it's squar with your canvas. Save it and your picture is now to your specs.
    um, I think if he had photoshop to begin with, why would he be trying to resize in preview?

sivp
    wops.. i misread some stuff, theres like 3 different topics in this thread........

BTW* nice going => almost at 400 posts :teen:

i couldn't post for like a week, but it's all good now.

Cloudane
    Oh well, GC must only come with the Powerbook. Sorry.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    You could also try The Gimp for mac, although I've never tried it myself!

Corel's new painting app is pretty cool, only tried the trial version, but I was seriously impressed with what you can do with it... maybe give that a whirl...

iSheep
    Photoshop Elements - download a trial and see what you think.

Specs:
    Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
    Whoa. SPEAKING of thread hijacking, this is probably the longest thread I've started on a forum in a long time. So, The Gimp's still around, eh? Isn't there more to it than just a plain graphics program, though? Like, using the Gimp is almost a programming language from what I've heard. And I think I'll take you up on that presets offer once I get my iBook. I appreciate it, particulary coming from someone who HAS used PSP's artistic tools. Most people I know that like Photoshop just haven't used anything else because it's the industry standard.

sivp
    I like gimp, it's really easy to use, but not very effective for most projects. I remember the first time i used it was on Lindows.

You see, i tried Lindows cause i hate Windows, turns out they both suck, so i switched to MAC BEST decision i made in a long time.

Thread Information