New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I want my camera on the desktop...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maikutis

maikutis is on a distinguished road

How do I set up my camera to appear on the desktop rather than opening iphoto? I want to be able to control the photo import rather than letting the computer just import everything.

Thanks,

mike.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

youre camera has to come with the feature of use as a hard drive that you can add or remove photos from, I havent seen lots of cameras with this feature, seems sorta useless, why would you want to put anything on it?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Well, maybe he wants to manually add photos to be able to show them to friends on the road using the camera's built-in display...

I don't know a way to do this either, but you could check to see if it shows up in disc utility and can be mounted from there...

Alternatively get a USB card reader which will allow you to use the memory cards the way you described...
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

I can understand where he's coming from. When I transfer my photos from my digital camera over to my PC it acts like a drive. I can put them in specific folders where I want on the computer's HDD. When I connected the digital camera to the iBook, when I first got it the iBook, iPhoto did everything automatically. I also would prefer to be able to place them into specific folders depending on the content.

Granted I haven't played around with it enough to figure it out on my own, but I think tonight I will!
QUOTE Thanks
iSheep

Applications: Image Capture - your solution.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSheep
Applications: Image Capture - your solution.
Sweet! I'll give it a go tonight.
QUOTE Thanks
Desolate One

That did it! One step closer to retiring Windows as an operating system I use!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I didnt see an option in image capture to ut images in order and such.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any shortcut to shutdown the Mac? | Virtual PC SPEED! »