New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

A simple question...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iPetar

iPetar is an unknown at this point

Suppose you take your brand-new iMac to a maintenance store because it appears you have a "glitch", or whatever. And suppose your iMac is in a perfect condition -- not a scratch. So, after a certain period of time, let's say you come back to pick up your fixed, "glitch-free" computer. But then, you notice that the maintenance workers have been kinda sloppy. Suppose, they've been so sloppy and reckless that they damaged the back of the iMac plastic covering and scratched the gentle aluminum casing on top with their tools or due to miss handling. What kind of reaction to that, YOU think would be appropriate? Would I have the right to ask for a new computer from the store?

What is your opinion?

Thank you.

iAm!
QUOTE Thanks
S.SubZero

S.SubZero is a jewel in the roughS.SubZero is a jewel in the rough

They should be liable to repair anything they damaged. New computer might be overkill, but it may be easier for them in the long run. Was it an Apple Store?
QUOTE Thanks
iPetar

iPetar is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.SubZero View Post
They should be liable to repair anything they damaged. New computer might be overkill, but it may be easier for them in the long run. Was it an Apple Store?
No, it was a local store that sells Apple computers with a licence.

iAm!
QUOTE Thanks
getuptogetdown

getuptogetdown is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle

If it was really this bad I would call them before holding onto it for too long and let them know you aren't happy and want a replacement.

Loving my MBP more and more everyday
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Do as suggested immediately. The longer you leave it the bigger the denial they will go into.
QUOTE Thanks
totalpardo

and, if at all possible, stick with apple direct in the future.
QUOTE Thanks
Likugha

Likugha is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2 GHz Core Duo ! GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I would take it back to the store immediately, ask for the manager first off then politely tell him to fix my "expletive" computer now
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Preparing External HDD for Time Capsule | Mac Syncing with Windows Mobile »